The 2016-17 NBA campaign is shaping up largely as most people anticipated, as the powerhouse teams in the Western and Eastern conferences have risen to the top of the ranks heading into the all-star break. When it comes to gauging which teams are going to collide in the NBA Finals, one sportsbook is offering odds on the series.
5Dimes has a Cleveland Cavaliers vs Golden State Warriors rematch as the front-runner at -127 odds. The Cavs (37-16 at the time of writing) and Warriors (46-9) have met in the last two Finals, with each side hoisting the Larry O’Brien Trophy once. Golden State is on a revenge tour after collapsing last year, and it’s hard to picture them blowing a 3-1 lead again now that superstar Kevin Durant is in the fold.
The Cavs vs Spurs (+724), Celtics vs Warriors (+1370), Cavs vs Rockets (+2000), Wizards vs Warriors (+2170), Raptors vs Warriors (+2170), Cavs vs Clippers (+3400), Hawks vs Warriors (+3750), Cavs vs Jazz (+4300) and Cavs vs Grizzlies (+5750) are the next likeliest matchups according to the shop.
Is another Cleveland-Golden State series inevitable, or will a different team spoil the potential heavyweight collision? Have your say in the comments.
Here’s a look at the book’s full list of odds:
2017 NBA Finals Matchup Odds
Odds as of February 14 at 5Dimes
- Cavaliers vs Warriors -127
- Cavaliers vs Spurs +724
- Celtics vs Warriors +1370
- Cavaliers vs Rockets +2000
- Wizards vs Warriors +2170
- Raptors vs Warriors +2170
- Cavaliers vs Clippers +3400
- Hawks vs Warriors +3750
- Cavaliers vs Jazz +4300
- Cavaliers vs Grizzlies +5750
- Celtics vs Spurs +6700
- Pacers vs Warriors +7000
- Bulls vs Warriors +7800
- Wizards vs Spurs +10400
- Raptors vs Spurs +10400
- Pistons vs Warriors +10600
- Heat vs Warriors +11000
- Hornets vs Warriors +11400
Do you think you know which teams will meet in the 2017 NBA Finals? Thanks to one online sportsbook, you can put your money where your mouth is.
At 5Dimes, the Cleveland Cavaliers and Golden State Warriors are +133 favorites to clash for the third year in a row. Golden State toppled the injury-plagued Cavaliers in 2015, but the Cavs got some revenge in 2016 after erasing a 3-1 deficit – the first time that’s happened in NBA history.
Boston vs. Golden State (+896), Cleveland vs. San Antonio (+901), Toronto vs. Golden State (+2170) and Cleveland vs. the Los Angeles Clippers (+2625) round out the top five likeliest matchups, according to the book.
It’s no surprise to see the Clippers and Spurs in the mix, but the loaded Warriors are hard to bet against at this point. After adding superstar Kevin Durant, the Dubs can trot out a lineup night in and night out that consists of stars Durant, Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson and Draymond Green. Yikes.
As for the Eastern Conference, is there anyone outside of Northeast Ohio that stands a chance? Boston has one of the top coaches in the league, an abundance of depth and they added former Atlanta Hawks big man Al Horford to the frontcourt in the offseason. It’s going to take a herculean effort to knock off the mighty Cavs, but the C’s are getting the respect they deserve.
Don’t sleep on Toronto, though. Paced by the dynamic guard combination of Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan, the Raptors are looking to build off a strong playoff showing that saw them give the Cavaliers a scare in the Eastern Conference final. There could be a ton of value in backing the Dinos in this scenario if they keep improving.
2017 NBA Finals Matchup Odds
Odds as of October 24 at 5Dimes
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Golden State Warriors +125
- Boston Celtics vs. Golden State Warriors +896
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. San Antonio Spurs +901
- Toronto Raptors vs. Golden State Warriors +2170
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. L.A. Clippers +2625
- Chicago Bulls vs. Golden State Warriors +3450
- Boston Celtics vs. San Antonio Spurs +4200
- New York Knicks vs. Golden State Warriors +4625
- Atlanta Hawks vs. Golden State Warriors +4675
- Indiana Pacers vs. Golden State Warriors +4675
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder +5250
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Memphis Grizzlies +6100
- Washington Wizards vs. Golden State Warriors +6250
- Milwaukee Bucks vs. Golden State Warriors +6250
- Detroit Pistons vs. Golden State Warriors +6250
- Miami Heat vs. Golden State Warriors +6250
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Minnesota Timberwolves +7000
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Utah Jazz +8800