Tournament to be played at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.
North Carolina State Wolfpack vs Clemson Tigers (-6, 152)
* N.C. State won at Duke on Jan. 23 and appeared to be ready for a run, but they were never good enough defensively while allowing an ACC-most 79.7 points per game. Smith scored just 13 in each of the last two games, but he has ample offensive support from senior guard Terry Henderson (13.9), sophomore guard Maverick Rowan (11.9) and junior forward Abdul-Malik Abu (11.7, team-high 7.0 rebounds). Freshman guard Markell Johnson suffered a knee injury Wednesday and will be a game-time decision.
* Clemson averaged 80 points in the last two games of the regular season and shot 54.5 percent from the field in Saturday’s 82-68 triumph against Boston College. Senior forward Jaron Blossomgame (17.3 points) leads the way while Holmes (11.0), a senior guard, tops the team with 66 makes from 3-point range and sophomore backcourt mate Shelton Mitchell averaged 14.8 the last four games. Sophomore Marcquise Reed (10.2 points) is also productive while senior center Sidy Djitte leads the team in rebounds (7.3).
N.C. State – 15-16 SU, 11-17 ATS, 16-12 O/U
Clemson – 16-14 SU, 12-14-2 ATS, 16-12 O/U
* Wolfpack are 1-8 ATS in their last 9 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
* Tigers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games as a favorite of 0.5-6.5.
* Under is 4-0 in Wolfpack last 4 games as an underdog.
* Under is 4-0 in Tigers last 4 vs. Atlantic Coast.
Boston College Eagles vs. Wake Forest Demon Deacons (-13, 159)
* B.C. coach Jim Christian said in the wake of the loss to Clemson that “we’ve got a good foundation now,” and it is no secret that he’s referring to guards Jerome Robinson and Ky Bowman. Robinson, a sophomore, finished fourth in the ACC in scoring (18.7) and was an All-ACC honorable mention pick, while Bowman was part of the conference’s All-Freshman team after averaging 14.5 points and shooting 44.5 percent from 3-point distance. The Eagles, who were ousted in the opening round last season, have allowed at least 82 points in nine of their last 10 games.
* Wake’s John Collins was limited to 13 points and nine boards in the win over Virginia Tech on Saturday as he wrestled with foul trouble, but guard Bryant Crawford carried the load with 26 points. Crawford (15.8) ranks second to Collins on the team’s scoring list and fellow sophomore Keyshawn Woods (12.8) is third. Austin Arians and Mitchell Wilbekin combined for 94 3-pointers while shooting a collective 40.3 percent from beyond the arc for the ACC’s third-ranked offense (82.1).
Boston College – 9-22 SU, 13-13 ATS, 16-10 O/U
Wake Forest – 18-12 SU, 15-13 ATS, 19-8-1 O/U
* Eagles are 2-10 ATS in their last 12 neutral site games.
* Demon Deacons are 1-7-1 ATS in their last 9 games vs. a team with a losing straight up record.
* Over is 5-1 in Eagles last 6 games as an underdog of 13.0 or greater.
* Over is 13-3 in Demon Deacons last 16 overall.
* Eagles are 4-1 ATS in the last 5 meetings.
Pittsburgh Panthers vs Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (-13, 138)
* The Pittsburgh Panthers were sloppy in losing to Virginia on Saturday, committing 14 turnovers and being outscored 27-0 on turnovers. Michael Young and Jamel Artis have combined for 26 games of 20 or more points scored this season and account for 52.1 percent of the team’s 73.5-point average. Cameron Johnson has shot 45.9 percent from 3-point range over his last 10 games, including two contests with six made 3-pointers and one with five.
* The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets have scored 61 points or fewer in each of their last three games – six below their season average. Ben Lammers led the ACC and is third nationally in blocked shots per game (3.3) to go with 14.6 points and 9.2 rebounds per contest. Freshman Josh Okogie leads the team in scoring at 15.5 points and averaged 17.1 on 48.1 percent shooting during conference play.
Pittsburgh – 15-16 SU, 12-16-2 ATS, 12-18 O/U
Georgia Tech – 17-14 SU, 15-11 ATS, 10-15-1 O/U
* Panthers are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games as a favorite of 0.5-6.5.
* Yellow Jackets are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games following a straight up loss.
* Under is 6-0 in Panthers last 6 overall.
* Panthers are 0-5 ATS in the last 5 meetings.