Los Angeles Angels pitcher Jered Weaver has faced off against the Houston Astros three times this season, with the Halos going a perfect 3-0 in those contests.
- Astros SP Dallas Keuchel is 13-0 with a 1.49 ERA at home.
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of the past 15 games between the Astros and Angels.
- The Angels are 4-1 in their last five games.
Weaver has posted a 1.71 ERA in those three starts, his lowest mark against any team he has faced more than once this season. However, the righthander has been struggling with control this season with ERA’s of 6.58 in August and 5.59 in September.
The Astros are struggling as of late, dropping seven of their past 10 which includes going 1-2 in that span against the Angels. The ‘Stros offense has been a big reason for these recent woes with the team plating three or less runs in seven of their past 10.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Betting fans looking to pick the Houston Astros in this matchup found them as -171 favorites on the MLB money line at BetOnline. Betting the over under instead? It was 8 at its open earlier today and hovering near that number at Bodog.
Odds – VSB
computer prediction handicapping models run on this game pick a 4.9-2.8 victory for the Astros. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Los Angeles Angels vs Houston Astros Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
79-71 Houston battles the Angels, currently with a 76-73 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Houston vs Los Angeles injuries news.
The Houston Astros vs Los Angeles Angels odds would favor the Astros if the betting lines were set according to our power ranks. Houston is rated No. 17 in the current Odds – VSB
poll, while Los Angeles is at No. 21.
Offensively, the game matches up Houston Astros No. 10 ranked offense (4.37 runs per game) against a Los Angeles Angels defense and pitching staff that sits at No. 13 at 4.13 runs allowed per game. The Houston Astros have been averaging 8.25 hits per game, more than the Los Angeles Angels have managed so far this season (8.13 hits on average).
Los Angeles brings the No. 13-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Astros’s No. 4-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Los Angeles looks to rebound from a loss to the Twins, who beat them 8-1 on Sunday behind a start from Tyler Duffey at Target Field.
The Astros enjoyed a 5-1 victory at the expense of the Athletics on Sunday, with C McHugh throwing 8 innings of 4-hit ball at Minute Maid Park.
- LA Angels is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- LA Angels is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- LA Angels is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing Houston
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of LA Angels’s last 15 games when playing Houston
- Houston is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Houston’s last 6 games
- Houston is 17-8 SU in its last 25 games at home
- Houston is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing LA Angels
Next Betting Matchups
Los Angeles at Houston, Tuesday, September 22nd