The Los Angeles Angels continue to underwhelm on the diamond, but their offensive ineptitude has made them a great UNDER play. The Halos have gone UNDER in seven of their past nine games with the club averaging just 2.9 runs per game in that span. The Angels kick off a three-game set with the Blue Jays in Toronto Tuesday.
- Mike Trout is 6-for-11 with two doubles and a triple lifetime against R.A. Dickey.
- The Blue Jays are 3-11 in R.A. Dickey’s last 14 starts at home.
- The UNDER is 14-6 in the Blue Jays’ past 20 games.
Tyler Skaggs has not been very good in his recent outings. The lefty has not completed six innings in any of his last three starts while posting a dreadful 9.88 ERA.
R.A. Dickey has been inconsistent since returning from the All-Star break, as the knuckleballer has a 6.68 ERA in his past six starts. However, Dickey has only allowed six earned runs combined in his past three starts.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Those betting on the visitors in this one found the Los Angeles Angels listed as underdogs of 144 at most sportsbooks, including Bodog. Total bettors saw the number open in the area of 9.5, check for odds updates at MyBookie.
Odds – Shark
computer prediction formulas pick a 5.0-3.2 win for the Blue Jays on Tuesday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Los Angeles Angels vs Toronto Blue Jays Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Toronto (70-54) will face the 52-72 Angels in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Toronto vs Los Angeles injuries news.
This game matches up the No. 8 (Toronto Blue Jays) and the No. 30 (Los Angeles Angels) teams, according to our current MLB Power Rankings.
At the plate, Toronto owns the No. 22 ranking for hits at 8.45 per game. By contrast, the Los Angeles Angels are rated No. 14 in the same category at 8.81 per game.
Defensively, Los Angeles features the No. 23-rated defense on the road, allowing 4.87 runs per game. Toronto, meanwhile, comes in at No. 5 at home, scoring 4.98 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
J Chacin silenced the Yankees bats in a 2-0 victory last time out versus New York at Angel Stadium.
The Blue Jays endured a 3-2 loss at the hands of the Indians on Sunday, with M Stroman throwing 7.1 innings of 7-hit ball at Progressive Field.
- LA Angels is 5-12 ATS in its last 17 games
- LA Angels is 3-14 SU in its last 17 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of LA Angels’s last 5 games
- LA Angels is 1-9 ATS in its last 10 games on the road
- Toronto is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 14 of Toronto’s last 20 games
- Toronto is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games at home
- Toronto is 17-7 SU in its last 24 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Los Angeles at Toronto, Wednesday, August 24th