The Texas Rangers and Los Angeles Angels enter into the biggest series of the season Thursday with the Rangers holding a three game lead over the Halos in the American League West. The Rangers have struggled mightily against the Angels in Arlington, losing 14 of the past 16 at home while being outscored 120-49.
- Mike Trout is batting .345 with two HRs and nine RBIs against Holland in his career.
- The OVER has hit in the past five meetings between these teams in Texas.
- SP Derek Holland will pitch with a bruised middle finger but says it won’t ‘hurt me.’.
Derek Holland will start for the Rangers with just one appearance against the Angels under his belt this season. That one start saw Holland go eight innings while allowing just three hits and one earned run.
The Halos are expected to send rookie Andrew Heaney who has only faced the Rangers once this season with the leftie giving up two earned runs over six innings while picking up the win.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The Los Angeles Angels were listed as 118 underdogs on the MLB baseball moneyline at many online sportsbooks, including Bet365. The total was set at 9 before betting started earlier on Thursday over at Bodog.
Odds – VSB
computer prediction formulas pick a 0.2- win for the Rangers on Thursday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Los Angeles Angels vs Texas Rangers Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Texas (86-72) will face the 83-75 Angels in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Texas vs Los Angeles injuries news.
The Odds – VSB
MLB Power Rankings have the Texas Rangers at No. 2 and the Los Angeles Angels at No. 19 heading into this contest.
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and Texas has baseball’s No. 4-rated offensive output, at 8.76 hits per game. The Los Angeles Angels average 8.23 hits per game, good for No. 29 on the list.
Texas owns the No. 22 defense, allowing 4.59 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with Los Angeles’s No. 13-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Los Angeles looks to rebound from a loss to the Athletics, who beat them 8-7 on Wednesday behind a start from B Zito at Angel Stadium.
Texas looks to continue its winning ways following a victory last time out against the Tigers, a 6-2 final on Wednesday in support of Y Gallardo at Globe Life Park.
- LA Angels is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of LA Angels’s last 7 games
- LA Angels is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games on the road
- LA Angels is 9-4 SU in its last 13 games when playing Texas
- Texas is 12-5 SU in its last 17 games
- The total has gone OVER in 11 of Texas’s last 15 games
- Texas is 13-4 SU in its last 17 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Texas’s last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Los Angeles at Texas, Friday, October 2nd