The confines of Yankee Stadium have been anything but friendly to the Los Angeles Angels as of late. The Angels, who have dropped the first three of their four-game series with the Yanks in the Bronx, will be seeking to stop an eight-game skid in the Big Apple on Thursday.
– Shark Bites
- The Angels are 1-4 in their last 5 games.
- The UNDER is 5-1-1 in the last 7 meetings between the Yankees and Angels.
- The OVER is 5-1-1 in the Angels’ last 7 road games.
With a win today, the Yankees would improve to 24-8 in their last 32 games at home against the Halos. Newcomer Chris Parmalee has stepped up in a big way since joining the Bronx Bombers and hit two home runs in Wednesday’s 12-6 victory.
Jhoulys Chacin and Ivan Nova will get the start for the Angels and Yankees. Chain has a 3.73 ERA in five starts since being traded to the Angels last month, while Nova (4-3, 4.41) has lasted just six innings in each of his last four starts but has given up 13 runs in 18.5 innings over his last three outings.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Betting fans looking to pick the New York Yankees in this matchup found them as -135 favorites on the MLB money line at BetOnline. Betting the over under instead? It was 9.5 at its open earlier today and hovering near that number at Bodog.
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 6.6-3.8 win for the Yankees. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Los Angeles Angels vs New York Yankees Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The New York Yankees bring a 29-30 record to the battle against the 26-33 Angels. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and New York vs Los Angeles injuries news.
The MLB Power Rankings show a disparity between these teams, with the New York Yankees rated this week at No. 17 and the Los Angeles Angels sitting at No. 9.
At the plate, New York owns the No. 23 ranking for hits at 8.08 per game. By contrast, the Los Angeles Angels are rated No. 12 in the same category at 8.73 per game.
New York owns the No. 16 defense, allowing 3.98 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with Los Angeles’s No. 22-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Los Angeles suffered a 12-6 loss against New York on Wednesday, as Jered Weaver wasn’t able to lead his team to victory at Yankee Stadium.
- LA Angels is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of LA Angels’s last 6 games
- LA Angels is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of LA Angels’s last 7 games on the road
- NY Yankees is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- NY Yankees is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games at home
- NY Yankees is 9-2 SU in its last 11 games when playing LA Angels
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of NY Yankees’s last 7 games when playing LA Angels
Next Betting Matchups
Los Angeles home to Cleveland, Friday, June 10th
New York home to Detroit, Friday, June 10th