The Houston Astros are still trying to claim the American League West crown and will turn to pitcher Collin McHugh to try and get the job done Saturday against the Arizona Diamondbacks. McHugh is 9-2 with a 3.27 ERA in his last 13 starts with the Astros going 9-4 in those games.
- Houston can clinch their first postseason birth in 10 years with a win.
- Diamondbacks SP Jeremy Hellickson has a 2.45 ERA in his past two starts.
- Arizona is 14-7 SU in its last 21 games when playing Houston.
Houston enters Saturday just 1.5 games back of the AL West leading Texas Rangers. The ‘Stros are looking strong with a dominant 21- 5 win Friday while the Rangers lost 2-1 to the Angels.
The Diamondbacks are expected to start Jeremy Hellickson Saturday, with the pitcher hoping to redeem himself after his appearance against the Astros earlier this season. Hellickson was chased after 3.1 innings pitched while giving up six earned runs in his lone appearance against Houston this season.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Those betting on the visitors in this one found the Houston Astros listed as favorites of -160 at most sportsbooks, including Bodog. Total bettors saw the number open in the area of 8, check for odds updates at MyBookie.
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 5.3-4.4 win for the Astros. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Houston Astros vs Arizona Diamondbacks Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Arizona (78-82) will face the 85-75 Astros in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Arizona vs Houston injuries news.
It’s a MLB baseball betting matchup between the No. 11-rated Arizona Diamondbacks and the league No. 16-ranked Houston Astros, according to the latest MLB power poll here at Odds – VSB
The game also pits Arizona Diamondbacks No. 7-rated offense, averaging 4.46 runs per game, against a Houston Astros defense that ranks No. 5 at 3.82 in runs allowed per game. The Arizona Diamondbacks have averaged 9.23 hits per game so far, more than Houston Astros batters have averaged on the year (8.38 hits per game).
Houston brings the No. 5-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Diamondbacks’s No. 19-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Houston ran up the score in their last game on Friday, jumping to a lead and resulting in a 21-5 victory against Arizona.
- Houston is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Houston’s last 6 games
- Houston is 5-10 SU in its last 15 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Houston’s last 7 games on the road
- Arizona is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Arizona’s last 6 games
- Arizona is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games at home
- Arizona is 14-7 SU in its last 21 games when playing Houston
Next Betting Matchups
Houston at Arizona, Sunday, October 4th