The Houston Astros took the first game of their series against the Los Angeles Angels on Monday to extend their streak of dominance against the Halos. The ‘Stros have won the past six games against the Angels with four of those wins coming by two runs or more.
- Jose Altuve has safely reached base in 17 consecutive games – while recording a hit in 16 of those.
- The UNDER is 3-0 in the past three contests between the Astros and Angels.
- The Angels are 6-2 SU in their past eight games coming off a loss as a favorite.
Scott Feldman will be making his fifth start of the season in replace of Lance McCullers – who is dealing with a blister on his pitching hand. Feldman has been great in the bullpen, but has gone 0-2 with a 4.58 ERA and a 1.88 WHIP in his four starts this season.
Tim Lincecum will make his third start of the season – and though he is still struggling to nail down his mechanics he has fared well historically against the Astros. In nine career starts against the ‘Stros, Lincecum is 5-0 with a 0.99 ERA – though his last start against Houston was on July 14, 2012.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The Los Angeles Angels were listed as 120 moneyline underdogs earlier in the day at BetOnline, while odds makers set the opening total line around 8.5 earlier at Bodog.
Odds – Shark
computer prediction handicapping models run on this game pick a 5.6-5.2 victory for the Astros. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Houston Astros vs Los Angeles Angels Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
32-45 Los Angeles battles the Astros, currently with a 40-37 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Los Angeles vs Houston injuries news.
It’s a MLB baseball betting matchup between the No. 25-rated Los Angeles Angels and the league No. 2-ranked Houston Astros, according to the latest MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
On offense, it’s a battle between the Los Angeles Angels and its No. 17-rated batting order, averaging 4.26 runs per nine innings, against the No. 15 line up of the Houston Astros at 4.43 runs per outing.
Houston brings the No. 10-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Angels’s No. 20-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Houston looks to continue its winning ways following a victory last time out against the Angels, a 4-2 final on Monday in support of C McHugh at Angel Stadium.
- Houston is 8-1 SU in its last 9 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 14 of Houston’s last 18 games
- Houston is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- Houston is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- LA Angels is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games
- LA Angels is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of LA Angels’s last 5 games
- LA Angels is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Houston at Los Angeles, Wednesday, June 29th