The Houston Astros can sweep the Los Angeles Angels for the second time in two weeks at Angel Stadium on Wednesday. The Angels are struggling mightily in the month of June, going 8-18 in light of yesterday’s setback.
- The Astros are 7-0 SU in their last seven games against the Angels.
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of the Astros’ last 12 games after winning the previous game in a matchup.
- The Angels are 1-8 SU in their last nine games against their division.
Dallas Keuchel (4-9, 5.35 ERA) and Jered Weaver are slated to get the ball for the Halos and ‘Stros, respectively. Keuchel (4-9, 5.35 ERA) halted his four-start winless streak last Friday, but the reigning AL Cy Young Award winner gave up four runs on 11 hits over 6.5 innings of work.
Weaver (6-6, 5.24) has made 10 career starts against Houston, posting a 5-4 record with two complete games, one shutout and a 3.26 ERA.
The OVER is red-hot when the Angels play in California. In Los Angeles’ last 10 home games, the OVER is 8-2.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Sportsbooks such as MyBookie had set the Los Angeles Angels as 130 underdogs on the moneyline for this contest. The over under was hovering near 8.5 for betting fans hoping to turn a profit on totals at Bodog.
Odds – Shark
computer score prediction models pick a possible 6.5-5.0 win for the Astros on Wednesday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Houston Astros vs Los Angeles Angels Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Los Angeles (32-46) will face the 41-37 Astros in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Los Angeles vs Houston injuries news.
The Odds – Shark
MLB Power Rankings have the Los Angeles Angels at No. 25 and the Houston Astros at No. 2 heading into this contest.
On offense, it’s a battle between the Los Angeles Angels and its No. 18-rated batting order, averaging 4.22 runs per nine innings, against the No. 15 line up of the Houston Astros at 4.46 runs per outing.
Defensively, Houston features the No. 22-rated defense on the road, allowing 4.85 runs per game. Los Angeles, meanwhile, comes in at No. 21 at home, scoring 4.12 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Astros enjoyed a 7-1 victory at the expense of the Angels on Tuesday, with S Feldman throwing 5 innings of 3-hit ball at Angel Stadium.
- Houston is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- Houston is 9-1 SU in its last 10 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 15 of Houston’s last 19 games
- Houston is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
- LA Angels is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games
- LA Angels is 1-8 SU in its last 9 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of LA Angels’s last 6 games
- LA Angels is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Houston home to Chicago, Friday, July 1st
Los Angeles at Boston, Friday, July 1st