The Astros and Orioles will play Game 3 of their four-game set tonight after splitting the first two in the series. It’s been a shootout at Camden Yards so far as these teams have combined for 41 runs in just 18 innings of baseball.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Houston’s last 5 games.
- Tillman has won $100 bettors $1397 this year and Fiers has lost $100 bettors $115.
- Baltimore has a 40-20 record at home this season, the second-best standing in baseball.
The Orioles will call on Chris Tillman (15-4, 3.46 ERA) tonight to try and tilt the series in their favor. The righty has been as solid as you can ask for from a starter and still holds the title of most profitable pitcher in baseball. With an 8-1 record, Tillman has earned most of his money at home despite having a worse ERA in games he’s pitched in Baltimore.
Mike Fiers will take the mound for the Astros and will look get on the straight and narrow after coming off two rough road starts. The trends are pretty clear on Fiers – he sucks on the road. Through 12 home starts, Fiers owns a 3.36 ERA and through 11 road starts he owns a 6.27 ERA.
The O’s have the clear edge on the starting bump tonight and should be a good bet with how hot their offense has been this series.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Sportsbooks such as MyBookie had set the Baltimore Orioles as -138 favorites on the moneyline for this contest. The over under was hovering near 9 for betting fans hoping to turn a profit on totals at Bodog.
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 0.2- win for the Orioles. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Houston Astros vs Baltimore Orioles Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Baltimore Orioles bring a 67-54 record to the battle against the 62-60 Astros. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Baltimore vs Houston injuries news.
It’s a MLB baseball betting matchup between the No. 17-rated Baltimore Orioles and the league No. 26-ranked Houston Astros, according to the latest MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
At the plate, Baltimore owns the No. 7 ranking for hits at 9.03 per game. By contrast, the Houston Astros are rated No. 21 in the same category at 8.5 per game.
Baltimore owns the No. 16 defense, allowing 4.74 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with Houston’s No. 10-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Houston got the job done in their last match in a 15-8 victory over Baltimore on Friday at Camden Yards behind starter C McHugh.
- Houston is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games
- Houston is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Houston’s last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Houston’s last 8 games on the road
- Baltimore is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
- Baltimore is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Baltimore’s last 6 games
- Baltimore is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Houston at Baltimore, Sunday, August 21st