In case you haven’t been paying attention, the Houston Astros are really good at baseball. The ’Stros are first in the MLB by five games and enter their series with the Kansas City Royals riding a 10-game winning streak. In their past 10 games, the Astros are averaging 8.2 runs per game and have won by at least five runs on five occasions.
– Shark Bites
- The total has gone UNDER in 19 of the Royals’ last 27 games at home.
- The visiting team is 7-2 SU and 8-1 ATS in the last nine games between the Astros and Royals.
- The Astros are 14-1 SU and 12-3 ATS in their last 15 series openers.
The middling Mike Fiers will get the start in hopes of extending the Astros’ winning ways on Monday. There have been some oddities in Fiers’ home/road splits so far this season, as the six-year veteran has a 5.70 ERA on the road compared to 3.97 at home but has held opponents to a .258 batting average while traveling versus .308 in Houston.
Ian Kennedy will get the start for the Royals in the series opener and he will be looking to make it past the fifth inning for the first time since coming off the DL. In his past three starts, Kennedy has allowed 10 hits, 14 earned runs and four home runs in just 10.0 innings of work.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The Houston Astros were listed as -135 favorites on the MLB baseball moneyline at many online sportsbooks, including Bet365. The total was set at 9 before betting started earlier on Monday over at Bovada.
Odds – Shark computer prediction formulas pick a 7.0-3.1 win for the Astros on Monday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Houston Astros vs Kansas City Royals Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Kansas City (24-31) will face the 41-16 Astros in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Kansas City vs Houston injuries news.
The Kansas City Royals sit at No. 25 in the current MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark, while the Houston Astros sit at No. 1 on the same chart.
Scoring stats point to some edges in this matchup. The game features the Kansas City Royals No. 28-ranked scoring average of 3.53 runs per game, against a Houston Astros offense rated No. 2 and scoring 5.47 runs per game. The Royals have averaged 7.82 hits per game to date this season, less than the Astros hitters have managed (9.51 per nine innings).
Houston brings the No. 2-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Royals’s No. 11-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Houston looks to continue its winning ways following a victory last time out against the Rangers, a 7-2 final on Sunday in support of B Peacock at Globe Life Park.
The Royals were shut out in their last start, struggling to get much going against the Cleveland staff and losing 8-0 to the Indians on Sunday at Royals Stadium.
- Houston is 8-1 ATS in its last 9 games
- Houston is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- Houston is 9-1 ATS in its last 10 games on the road
- Houston is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 13 of Kansas City’s last 19 games at home
- Kansas City is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Houston
- Kansas City is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games when playing Houston
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Kansas City’s last 6 games when playing Houston
Next Betting Matchups
Houston at Kansas City, Tuesday, June 6th