The Houston Astros will look to continue their improbable postseason run with a series-clinching win Monday against the Kansas City Royals. The ‘Stros, who had a combined 232-416 record over the past four seasons before this year, have not made it to the Championship Series since their World Series appearance in 2005.
- Royals SP Yordano Ventura started Game 1 of the series, but was pulled after two innings following a rain delay.
- Astros SP Lance McCullers posted a 1.86 ERA at home this season.
- The Astros are 9-3 in their past 12 against the Royals.
Houston’s offense has been coming up big in the postseason with the Astros leading all teams in runs, home runs, batting average, on-base-percentage and slugging percentage.
The Royals came into the postseason on a five game winning streak, thanks largely due to their defense and pitching staff. However, in the playoffs the Royals have posted a collective 4.50 ERA, which is the highest in the postseason.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The visiting Kansas City Royals were 125 moneyline underdogs in this one earlier in the day at most online sportsbooks including Bodog. The total was 8 at Bet365 for those preferring over under betting.
Odds – VSB
computer prediction formulas pick a 5.3-4.4 win for the Astros on Monday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Kansas City Royals vs Houston Astros Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
89-77 Houston battles the Royals, currently with a 96-69 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Houston vs Kansas City injuries news.
It’s a MLB baseball betting matchup between the No. 7-rated Houston Astros and the league No. 19-ranked Kansas City Royals, according to the latest MLB power poll here at Odds – VSB
Offensively, the game matches up Houston Astros No. 6 ranked offense (4.49 runs per game) against a Kansas City Royals defense and pitching staff that sits at No. 10 at 3.96 runs allowed per game. The Houston Astros have been averaging 8.4 hits per game, less than the Kansas City Royals have managed so far this season (9.22 hits on average).
Kansas City brings the No. 10-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Astros’s No. 6-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Kansas City didn’t get the job done in their last match, falling 4-2 to Houston on Sunday at Minute Maid Park.
- Kansas City is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Kansas City’s last 6 games
- Kansas City is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Kansas City’s last 5 games on the road
- Houston is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Houston’s last 6 games
- Houston is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games at home
- Houston is 9-3 SU in its last 12 games when playing Kansas City
Next Betting Matchups
Kansas City home to Houston, Wednesday, October 14th