The Houston Astros will send Collin McHugh to the mound Wednesday for Game 5 of the ALDS against the Kansas City Royals, in what is his biggest game of his young career. McHugh, who is in his second season as a full-time starter, has provided a steady presence for the Astros with a 3.11 ERA and a 11-2 record since the All-Star Break.
- McHugh has one career start against the Royals, throwing 7 innings of shutout ball last season.
- Ben Zobrist is the only Royals player with a hit in every game in the series.
- Colby Rasmus is hitting .364 with a home run in his past 22 plate appearances against Cueto.
The Royals will turn to one-time ace Johnny Cueto in the hopes that the trade deadline acquisition can regain some of his previous form. Since coming over to Kansas City from Cincinnati, Cueto has posted a 5-7 record with a 4.34 ERA, which is far from the player the Royals thought they were getting when giving up three prospects.
These two teams have alternated wins and losses throughout this series with the Astros carrying a slight 19-18 scoring advantage.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Those going with the Kansas City Royals in this one found them listed on the odds board as moneyline favorites of -122 at BetOnline for Wednesday’s contest. The betting total was hovering near 8 at Bodog.
Odds – VSB
computer score prediction models pick a possible 5.1-4.7 win for the Astros on Wednesday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Houston Astros vs Kansas City Royals Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
97-69 Kansas City battles the Astros, currently with a 89-78 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Kansas City vs Houston injuries news.
The Kansas City Royals sit at No. 19 in the current MLB power poll here at Odds – VSB
, while the Houston Astros sit at No. 7 on the same chart.
On offense, it’s a battle between the Kansas City Royals and its No. 7-rated batting order, averaging 4.47 runs per nine innings, against the No. 6 line up of the Houston Astros at 4.5 runs per outing.
Houston brings the No. 6-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Royals’s No. 11-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- Houston is 9-4 SU in its last 13 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Houston’s last 7 games
- Houston is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Houston’s last 5 games on the road
- Kansas City is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Kansas City’s last 7 games
- Kansas City is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing Houston
- Kansas City is 4-9 SU in its last 13 games when playing Houston
Next Betting Matchups
Houston home to , Wednesday, December 31st
Kansas City home to , Wednesday, December 31st