There are a lot of reasons to like the OVER in Wednesday’s game between the Chicago Blackhawks and the Edmonton Oilers. In the Blackhawks’ past eight games the OVER is 6-2 and the Oilers have topped the closing total in seven of their past nine.
- Artemi Panarin scored two goals and an assist when these teams met earlier this season.
- Corey Crawford has a .902 save percentage and a 3.01 GAA on the road this season.
- The Oilers are 1-7 in their past eight against the Blackhawks.
The Blackhawks have faltered on the road this season with a 2-5-0 record away from the United Center while losing five of their past six. Patrick Kane continues to be the best offensive player in the NHL as he leads the league in points, goals and plus/minus rating.
If the Oilers want to climb out of obscurity, they will need to beef up their defense as they are allowing 3.22 goals per game, a mark that has them ranked 28th in the league. Edmonton only has one regulation win in November so far.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
NHL Hockey odds makers at Bodog had the Edmonton Oilers as 133 moneyline underdogs in this betting matchup. Those over under betting saw the line open at 5.5 at BetOnline.
Odds – VSB
computer prediction handicapping models run on this game pick a 3.1-2 victory for the Blackhawks. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming NHL matchups here.
Chicago Blackhawks vs Edmonton Oilers Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Supporters of the Chicago Blackhawks have seen them go 10-7-1 so far this season, while the Oilers are at 6-12-0. In totals betting, the Edmonton Oilers are 11-6-1, while the Blackhawks are 6-9-3. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Edmonton vs Chicago injuries news.
The NHL Power Rankings show a disparity between these teams, with the Edmonton Oilers rated this week at No. 19 and the Chicago Blackhawks sitting at No. 13.
The game also pits Edmonton’s No. 18-ranked offense, averaging 2.61 goals per game, against a Blackhawks defense that ranks No. 10 at 2.44 goals allowed. The Oilers power play is averaging 23.08% while the Blackhawks defense kills off 81.25% of their penalties.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Chicago was a 4-1 winner in its last match at home against the Flames. They won as favorites, while the total score of 5 made winners of UNDER bettors.
Edmonton was a 4-3 loser in its last match on the road against the Kings. They lost as +195 underdogs, while the total score of 7 made winners of OVER bettors.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Chicago’s last 8 games
- Chicago is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- Chicago is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games when playing Edmonton
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Chicago’s last 7 games when playing Edmonton
- Edmonton is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Edmonton’s last 9 games
- Edmonton is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Edmonton’s last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Chicago at Calgary, Friday, November 20th
Edmonton home to New Jersey, Friday, November 20th