The Chicago Blackhawks entered the NHL playoffs as the betting favorite to hoist the Stanley Cup, but what a difference just a few days can make. The Blackhawks have gone down 2-0 to the Nashville Predators and have yet to score a goal in the series. Chicago will be in desperate need of a victory when the series shifts to Nashville Monday, where the ‘Hawks went 2-1-1 during the regular season.
– Shark BITES
- Jonathan Toews has not recorded a postseason point since Game 4 of the 2015 Stanley Cup Finals.
- The Blackhawks are 0-6 SU and 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games.
- The Predators are 7-1 SU in their last 8 games at home against teams with winning records.
The Blackhawks have been completely stifled by the Predators speed and defensive scheme so far this series. Chicago has struggled to get to the middle of the ice in the offensive zone, which means Pikka Rinne has been having a relatively easy time making saves. Getting in front of Rinne will be vital to finally finding the back of the net.
Ryan Johansen has continued to give the Blackhawks fit, as the center has tallied one goal and 10 assists in seven games against Chicago between the regular season and the playoffs. Again, the center of the rink has been controlled by Nashville with nine of the team’s 16 points through the first two games coming from the centers.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
NHL Hockey odds makers at Bovada had the Nashville Predators as -117 moneyline favorites in this betting matchup. Those over under betting saw the line open at 5 at BetOnline.
Odds – Shark computer score prediction models pick a possible 4.4-1 win for the Predators on Monday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming NHL matchups here.
Chicago Blackhawks vs Nashville Predators Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Nashville will face the 50-25-9 Blackhawks. In totals betting, the Predators are 41-36-7 in over under betting so far this season while the Chicago Blackhawks are 37-33-14. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Nashville vs Chicago injuries news.
The NHL Power Rankings at Odds – Shark show the No. 23-rated Chicago Blackhawks taking on the No. 22-rated Nashville Predators in this contest.
Offensively, the game matches up the Nashville Predators No. 10-ranked offense (2.93 goals per game) against a Chicago Blackhawks defense that ranks No. 12 at 2.61 goals per game allowed. The Predators powerplay has clicked at a 18.94% rate while the Blackhawks have a 77.57% rate on the penalty kill.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- Chicago is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games
- Chicago is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games
- Chicago is 12-5 ATS in its last 17 games on the road
- Chicago is 12-6 SU in its last 18 games on the road
- Nashville is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Nashville’s last 10 games
- Nashville is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games at home
- Nashville is 8-3 SU in its last 11 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Chicago at Nashville, Thursday, April 20th