The UNDER has become a consistent play whenever the Toronto Blue Jays take the field, but it has been hitting with surprising regularity when they are on the road. The UNDER is 9-3 in the Jays’ past 12 games on the road with Toronto and their opponents averaging 6.7 runs per game. The Jays close out a three-game set with the Indians in Cleveland Sunday.
- The Blue Jays are 6-1 against the runline in their past seven games.
- The Indians are 8-3 in their past 11 games at Progressive Field.
- Josh Donaldson is expected to be back in the Jays’ lineup after missing the past two games.
Marcus Stroman has not looked like the ace the Blue Jays envisioned coming into the season, but the diminutive pitcher has been getting better recently. Stroman has a 3.27 ERA through his past eight starts while surrendering two or fewer earned runs on five occasions.
Corey Kluber has found his form as of late, as the Indians’ ace has posted a 1.65 ERA across his past seven starts. Kluber has gone through at least six complete innings in each of his past seven starts while holding opponents to one earned run or fewer five times.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Cleveland was a -152 moneyline favorites earlier in the day at BetOnline, based on the starting pitcher matchup. That pairing made odds makers at 5Dimes pick an opening over under number of 8.
Odds – Shark
computer prediction formulas pick a 4.6-3.4 win for the Blue Jays on Sunday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Toronto Blue Jays vs Cleveland Indians Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Cleveland Indians bring a 70-51 record to the battle against the 70-53 Blue Jays. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Cleveland vs Toronto injuries news.
According to MLB Power Rankings here, it’s the No. 10-ranked Cleveland Indians and the No. 9-rated Toronto Blue Jays in this matchup.
At the plate, Cleveland owns the No. 5 ranking for hits at 9.18 per game. By contrast, the Toronto Blue Jays are rated No. 22 in the same category at 8.46 per game.
Pitching and defensive stats are important baseball handicapping betting factors and Cleveland has the No. 8-ranked defense. In the other dugout, the Blue Jays own the No. 5 mark in runs allowed.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Toronto got the job done in their last match in a 6-5 victory over Cleveland on Saturday at Progressive Field behind starter A Sanchez.
- Toronto is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games
- Toronto is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Toronto’s last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 13 of Toronto’s last 19 games
- Cleveland is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- Cleveland is 7-3 SU in its last 10 games
- Cleveland is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- Cleveland is 8-3 SU in its last 11 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Toronto home to Los Angeles, Tuesday, August 23rd
Cleveland at Oakland, Monday, August 22nd