The Seattle Mariners can make up some ground in the American League wild-card race with a win over the struggling Toronto Blue Jays on Monday.
- The Blue Jays are 1-6 SU in their last 7 games on the road against the Mariners.
- The Mariners are 8-2 SU in their last 10 games after losing the previous game in a matchup.
- The Blue Jays are 11-2 SU in their last 13 games after consecutive losses.
Marco Estrada and Taijuan Walker will get the nod for the Jays and Mariners, respectively. Estrada (8-9, 3.78) has produced just one quality start in his last seven outings, going 1-5 during that stretch. The Mexican is 0-3 lifetime against the M’s.
Walker (6-10, 4.28) has won his last two starts, including a shutout win against the Los Angeles Angels last Tuesday. The 24-year-old surrendered nine homers in the six outings before that game and has served up 24 blasts in 22 starts overall.
The Mariners have a penchant for going OVER totals at home. In Seattle’s last seven home games, the OVER is 5-2.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The moneyline was hovering in the range of -115 for the Seattle Mariners in this one over at Bovada. The over under number was sitting near 8.5 at 5Dimes.
Odds – Shark
prediction models pick the Mariners to win this game 4.8-2.5. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Toronto Blue Jays vs Seattle Mariners Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Seattle (79-70) will face the 81-68 Blue Jays in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Seattle vs Toronto injuries news.
It’s a MLB baseball betting matchup between the No. 4-rated Seattle Mariners and the league No. 25-ranked Toronto Blue Jays, according to the latest MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and Seattle has baseball’s No. 7-rated offensive output, at 8.91 hits per game. The Toronto Blue Jays average 8.42 hits per game, good for No. 24 on the list.
Pitching and defensive stats are important baseball handicapping betting factors and Seattle has the No. 16-ranked defense. In the other dugout, the Blue Jays own the No. 8 mark in runs allowed.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Toronto didn’t plate a single run in their last outing, shut down by Alex Meyer in a losing cause, 4-0, against Los Angeles on Sunday.
Seattle looks to continue its winning ways following a victory last time out against the Astros, a 7-3 final on Sunday in support of Ariel Miranda at Safeco Field.
- Toronto is 2-11 ATS in its last 13 games
- Toronto is 4-9 SU in its last 13 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Toronto’s last 7 games
- Toronto is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
- Seattle is 9-2 SU in its last 11 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Seattle’s last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Seattle’s last 7 games at home
- Seattle is 7-3 SU in its last 10 games when playing Toronto
Next Betting Matchups
Toronto at Seattle, Tuesday, September 20th