Wednesday marks a potentially massive day on the sporting calendar for fans of Canada’s lone MLB team, as the Toronto Blue Jays can clinch their first AL East division crown since 1993 with a victory over the Baltimore Orioles in Maryland.
- The Orioles are 1-7 in Gonzalez’s last eight starts.
- Russell Martin is hitting .255 with three home runs and 45 RBIs in 45 career games vs. Baltimore.
- Injured Blue Jays SS Troy Tulowitzki is expected to return to the lineup within the next few days.
In the first game of a doubleheader the Bluebirds are slated to send young gun Marcus Stroman (3-0, 1.89 ERA) to the mound, while the Orioles are scheduled to counter with Miguel Gonzalez (9-11, 4.85 ERA). A win guarantees the Jays home-field advantage in the AL Divisional Series.
Toronto’s magic number now sits at just one in the wake of New York’s 10-4 loss to the Boston Red Sox Tuesday evening. Thanks to inclement weather in the Baltimore area, Tuesday’s scheduled game will be made up today.
R.A. Dickey (11-11, 4.00 ERA) and Kevin Gausman (3-7, 4.49 ERA) are the probable starters for Toronto and Baltimore in the second tilt of the day.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Sportsbooks such as MyBookie had set the Baltimore Orioles as 155 underdogs on the moneyline for this contest. The over under was hovering near 8.5 for betting fans hoping to turn a profit on totals at Bodog.
Odds – VSB
prediction models pick the Orioles to win this game 0.2-. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Toronto Blue Jays vs Baltimore Orioles Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Baltimore Orioles bring a 76-80 record to the battle against the 91-65 Blue Jays. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Baltimore vs Toronto injuries news.
This game matches up the No. 20 (Baltimore Orioles) and the No. 1 (Toronto Blue Jays) teams, according to our current MLB Power Rankings.
The game also pits Baltimore Orioles No. 12-rated offense, averaging 4.33 runs per game, against a Toronto Blue Jays defense that ranks No. 12 at 4.06 in runs allowed per game. The Baltimore Orioles have averaged 8.39 hits per game so far, less than Toronto Blue Jays batters have averaged on the year (9.05 hits per game).
Comparing defensive stats, Toronto owns the No. 21-rated road mark, allowing 4.56 runs per game on the highway. Baltimore, on the other hand, rates No. 4 in scoring at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Blue Jays enjoyed a 4-3 victory at the expense of the Orioles on Monday, with M Estrada throwing 1 innings of 0-hit ball at Camden Yards.
- Toronto is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- Toronto is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 13 of Toronto’s last 19 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Toronto’s last 5 games on the road
- Baltimore is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Baltimore’s last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Baltimore’s last 10 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 12 of Baltimore’s last 18 games when playing at home against Toronto
Next Betting Matchups
Toronto at Baltimore, Wednesday, September 30th