The Tampa Bay Rays’ offense has been largely mediocre this season but the bats have suddenly woken up. The Rays have averaged 6.4 runs per game in their past seven outings, which has led to the OVER going 6-1. Tampa Bay closes out their weekend series with the Toronto Blue Jays Sunday.
- The OVER is 7-1 in the past eight meetings between the Rays and Blue Jays.
- The Blue Jays have not been swept since mid-May, which was against the Rays.
- The Rays are 6-2 against the runline in their past eight games against the Blue Jays.
Chris Archer has clearly been more comfortable when he pitches in the friendly confines of Tropicana Field this season. Archer has a 2.61 ERA while holding opponents to less than a hit per inning at home, which is a far cry from his 5.79 ERA on the road.
J.A. Happ may be in the CY Young conversation, but the veteran has struggled against the Rays this season. Happ has posted a 5.66 ERA while surrendering five home runs – the second-most he has allowed to a single team this season – in four outings against Tampa.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Baseball betting odds makers, including BetOnline, opened the Tampa Bay Rays as 108 moneyline underdogs in this matchup. Over under total bettors saw the number open at 7.5 at shops such as Bodog.
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 5.0-3.8 win for the Rays. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Toronto Blue Jays vs Tampa Bay Rays Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Tampa Bay Rays bring a 58-76 record to the battle against the 76-59 Blue Jays. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Tampa Bay vs Toronto injuries news.
The Tampa Bay Rays vs Toronto Blue Jays odds would favor the Blue Jays if the betting lines were set according to our power ranks. Tampa Bay is rated No. 9 in the current Odds – Shark
poll, while Toronto is at No. 5.
Scoring stats point to some edges in this matchup. The game features the Tampa Bay Rays No. 21-ranked scoring average of 4.25 runs per game, against a Toronto Blue Jays offense rated No. 5 and scoring 4.9 runs per game. The Rays have averaged 8.25 hits per game to date this season, less than the Blue Jays hitters have managed (8.5 per nine innings).
Tampa Bay owns the No. 12 defense, allowing 4.25 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with Toronto’s No. 8-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Toronto didn’t get the job done in their last match, falling 7-5 to Tampa Bay on Saturday at Tropicana Field.
- Toronto is 7-3 ATS in its last 10 games on the road
- Toronto is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 13 of Toronto’s last 18 games on the road
- Toronto is 2-6 ATS in its last 8 games when playing Tampa Bay
- Tampa Bay is 7-3 ATS in its last 10 games
- Tampa Bay is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Tampa Bay’s last 8 games
- Tampa Bay is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Toronto at New York, Monday, September 5th
Tampa Bay home to Baltimore, Monday, September 5th