Books have been hitting matchups between the Toronto Blue Jays and Detroit Tigers on the head, with the favorite taking the past six meetings between the two clubs. The past four of those meetings have seen the Jays close as faves while scoring a combined 39 runs in those outings.
– Shark Bites
- The OVER is 6-1 in the past seven meetings between the Blue Jays and Tigers.
- Cameron Maybin is hitting .414 with a .474 OBP since returning to the field from the DL.
- The UNDER is 6-1 in the Blue Jays’ past seven games.
Rookie Michael Fulmer will try and limit the big bats of the Blue Jays, as the righty is coming off back-to-back scoreless outings. Fulmer has gone 7.2 innings in each of his past two starts while allowing just five hits and no runs.
J.A. Happ will aim to continue his solid season for the Jays with the lefty facing one of the best hitting teams in the American League. Happ has surrendered two runs or fewer in seven of his 11 starts this season.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Betting fans looking to pick the Detroit Tigers in this matchup found them as -110 favorites on the MLB money line at BetOnline. Betting the over under instead? It was 9 at its open earlier today and hovering near that number at Bodog.
Odds – Oddshark computer score prediction models pick a possible 5.3-3.0 win for the Tigers on Monday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Toronto Blue Jays vs Detroit Tigers Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Detroit (28-28) will face the 31-27 Blue Jays in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Detroit vs Toronto injuries news.
According to MLB Power Rankings here, it’s the No. 11-ranked Detroit Tigers and the No. 16-rated Toronto Blue Jays in this matchup.
Offensively, the game matches up Detroit Tigers No. 10 ranked offense (4.62 runs per game) against a Toronto Blue Jays defense and pitching staff that sits at No. 6 at 3.95 runs allowed per game. The Detroit Tigers have been averaging 9.21 hits per game, more than the Toronto Blue Jays have managed so far this season (7.93 hits on average).
Defensively, Toronto features the No. 4-rated defense on the road, allowing 3.27 runs per game. Detroit, meanwhile, comes in at No. 5 at home, scoring 5.15 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Toronto rolled to a 5-4 win against Boston on Sunday, as M Estrada and the Blue Jays’ bats led the team to victory at Fenway Park.
The Tigers enjoyed a 5-2 victory at the expense of the White Sox on Sunday, with J Verlander throwing 7 innings of 5-hit ball at Comerica Park.
- Toronto is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Toronto’s last 7 games
- Toronto is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 19 of Toronto’s last 25 games on the road
- Detroit is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- Detroit is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games at home
- Detroit is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing Toronto
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Detroit’s last 7 games when playing Toronto
Next Betting Matchups
Toronto at Detroit, Tuesday, June 7th
Tagged with: feature