Entering Tuesday night’s game the New York Yankees are 1-5 SU in their last six games against the Toronto Blue Jays. However, New York has won four out of starter Luis Severino’s last five starts.
- Blue Jays OF Jose Bautista has hit safely in the teams’ last 11 meetings, batting .386 with five HRs.
- The Yankees are 12-5 SU in their last 17 road games.
- Yankees SP Severino allowed six runs in 2.1 innings in his last game against the Jays.
The Blue Jays have been tough to beat at home, going 18-6 SU in their last 24 games. Toronto has been victorious in Marco Estrada’s last four starts and have won eight out of the last 10 games he’s started.
Both teams have been trending towards the under total, with the Yankees going under in four of their last five road games and Toronto going under in four of their last five. Toronto has also gone under in 12 of their last 17 home games.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Those going with the Toronto Blue Jays in this one found them listed on the odds board as moneyline favorites of -142 at BetOnline for Tuesday’s contest. The betting total was hovering near 8.5 at Bodog.
Odds – VSB
computer prediction handicapping models run on this game pick a 7.5-5.6 victory for the Blue Jays. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
New York Yankees vs Toronto Blue Jays Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Toronto (86-64) will face the 82-67 Yankees in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Toronto vs New York injuries news.
This game puts the Toronto Blue Jays, most recently No. 2 in Odds – VSB
MLB Power Rankings, up against the New York Yankees, who rate a No. 6 in the latest survey.
The game also pits Toronto Blue Jays No. 1-rated offense, averaging 5.5 runs per game, against a New York Yankees defense that ranks No. 15 at 4.26 in runs allowed per game. The Toronto Blue Jays have averaged 9.03 hits per game so far, more than New York Yankees batters have averaged on the year (8.64 hits per game).
Comparing defensive stats, New York owns the No. 8-rated road mark, allowing 4.08 runs per game on the highway. Toronto, on the other hand, rates No. 1 in scoring at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Yankees were saddled with a loss last time out in A Warren’s start, as they lost 4-2 against Toronto on Monday at Rogers Centre.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Yankees’s last 5 games
- NY Yankees is 12-5 SU in its last 17 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Yankees’s last 5 games on the road
- NY Yankees is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing Toronto
- Toronto is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Toronto’s last 5 games
- Toronto is 18-6 SU in its last 24 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 12 of Toronto’s last 17 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
New York at Toronto, Wednesday, September 23rd