The Yankees will look to win a crucial series in Toronto on Wednesday night when they send Ivan Nova to the mound to take on Marcus Stroman. The Yankees are 4-2 SU in their last six, however, they’ve struggled recently in Nova’s starts, losing five of the past seven games he’s started.
- The total has gone UNDER in four of the Yankees’ last six games on the road.
- The total has gone UNDER in four of Toronto’s last six games.
- In eight career AB’s vs Stroman, Jacoby Ellsbury has yet to register a hit.
After last night’s loss to the Yankees, the Blue Jays are 5-2 SU in their last seven against the Yanks. Since making his season debut earlier this month, Stroman has gone 2-0 with a 3.00 ERA. His two starts this season include a game at Yankee Stadium where he allowed three runs in five innings pitched.
The Jays have been strong at home over their past 25, winning 18 games during that span.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Those going with the Toronto Blue Jays in this one found them listed on the odds board as moneyline favorites of -181 at BetOnline for Wednesday’s contest. The betting total was hovering near 9 at Bodog.
Odds – VSB
computer prediction handicapping models run on this game pick a 7.5-5.8 victory for the Blue Jays. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
New York Yankees vs Toronto Blue Jays Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
86-65 Toronto battles the Yankees, currently with a 83-67 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Toronto vs New York injuries news.
This game matches up the No. 2 (Toronto Blue Jays) and the No. 6 (New York Yankees) teams, according to our current MLB Power Rankings.
Scoring stats point to some edges in this matchup. The game features the Toronto Blue Jays No. 1-ranked scoring average of 5.49 runs per game, against a New York Yankees offense rated No. 2 and scoring 4.85 runs per game. The Blue Jays have averaged 9.02 hits per game to date this season, more than the Yankees hitters have managed (8.67 per nine innings).
Defensively, New York features the No. 8-rated defense on the road, allowing 4.08 runs per game. Toronto, meanwhile, comes in at No. 1 at home, scoring 5.53 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
New York needed extra innings to get the job done against the Blue Jays on Tuesday as the Yankees defeated them 6-4 at Rogers Centre.
- NY Yankees is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Yankees’s last 6 games
- NY Yankees is 13-5 SU in its last 18 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Yankees’s last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Toronto’s last 6 games
- Toronto is 18-7 SU in its last 25 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 12 of Toronto’s last 18 games at home
- Toronto is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games when playing NY Yankees
Next Betting Matchups
New York home to Chicago, Thursday, September 24th
Toronto home to Tampa Bay, Friday, September 25th