The New Jersey Devils started the season with a less than stellar 0-3-1 record through their first four, but have since gone 8-2 in their past 10 games. The Devils will look to continue their red-hot play when they host the St. Louis Blues Tuesday.
– VSB Bites
- Martin Havlat, who played for the Devils last season, will make his Blues debut.
- The Blues are 6-1 in their past seven against the Devils.
- There will be no supplemental discipline to Adam Henrique after a major penalty last game.
After backup goalie Keith Kinkaid started for the Devils Sunday, Corey Schneider is expected to get the start in net. Schneider is tied for second in the NHL with seven wins while posting a better than league average in both goals against average and save percentage.
The Blues have won the past three meetings between the two teams, including the two games last season. Vladimir Tarasenko was the star of those games with two goals and an assist.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Betting fans looking to side with the New Jersey Devils in this one found them earlier as 113 underdogs on the NHL money line at Bet365. Betting the over under total instead? It was hovering near 5 at its open earlier today at BetOnline and may have moved.
Odds – VSB computer prediction handicapping models run on this game pick a 2.9-2.2 victory for the Blues. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming NHL matchups here.
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The New Jersey Devils currently sport a record of 8-5-1. The St. Louis Blues are 10-3-1. Betting totals have seen the Devils post a 5-6-3 OVER/UNDER record this season, while the Blues have gone 5-7-2 against the number. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and New Jersey vs St. Louis injuries news.
The Blues – Devils odds would favor the Blues if the lines were set according to our power ranks. New Jersey is rated No. 23 in the current Odds – VSB poll, while St. Louis is at No. 5.
Offensively, the game matches up the New Jersey Devils No. 15-ranked offense (2.64 goals per game) against a St. Louis Blues defense that ranks No. 5 at 2.21 goals per game allowed. The Devils powerplay has clicked at a 21.57% rate while the Blues have a 84.21% rate on the penalty kill.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Blues were a 4-0 winner in their most recent outing on the road against the Predators. That made winners of bettors who got St. Louis at +111 on the moneyline, while the total score (4) was good news for OVER bettors.
New Jersey was a 4-3 winner in its last match at home against the Canucks. They won as favorites, while the total score of 7 made winners of OVER bettors.
- St. Louis is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of St. Louis’s last 8 games
- St. Louis is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of St. Louis’s last 7 games on the road
- New Jersey is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- New Jersey is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home
- New Jersey is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games when playing St. Louis
- New Jersey is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against St. Louis
Next Betting Matchups
St. Louis at New York, Thursday, November 12th
New Jersey at Chicago, Thursday, November 12th