The St. Louis Blues have been fairing well against the Tampa Bay Lightning in recent memory, with the Blues winning five of the past six meetings between the two clubs. The Blues will look to resume their strong play against the slumping Lightning when they meet in St. Louis Tursday.
- Blues Kevin Shattenkirk will not be in the lineup with a lower body injury.
- The Blues are just 1-0-1 at home this season.
- Ben Bishop (2.61 GAA, .907 SV%) is expected to start for the Lightning.
Vladimir Tarasenko is starting off this season where he left off last year, with the winger tallying nine points through eight games. The Russian winger revelled in his games against the Lightning last season, with Tarasenko scoring two goals and adding an assist in two games.
The Lightning are finishing up a four game road trip Tuesday, a stint that has seen them go 1-0-2 with all three games at least going to overtime.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Sportsbooks such as Bodog
had the St. Louis Blues as -120 moneyline favorites in this particular NHL betting matchup earlier. The over under total, meanwhile, was set early at 5 before betting started to move the line at Bet365.
Odds – VSB
computer score prediction models pick a possible 3-2.5 win for the Blues on Tuesday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming NHL matchups here.
Tampa Bay Lightning vs St. Louis Blues Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
St. Louis will face the 5-2-2 Lightning. In totals betting, the Blues are 4-3-1 in over under betting so far this season while the Tampa Bay Lightning are 4-4-1. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and St. Louis vs Tampa Bay injuries news.
The NHL Power Rankings show a disparity between these teams, with the St. Louis Blues rated this week at No. 8 and the Tampa Bay Lightning sitting at No. 6.
The game also pits St. Louis’s No. 13-ranked offense, averaging 2.88 goals per game, against a Lightning defense that ranks No. 19 at 2.67 goals allowed. The Blues power play is averaging 13.79% while the Lightning defense kills off 72% of their penalties.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Tampa Bay lost its last outing, a 1-0 result against the Blackhawks on October 24. Bettors who backed the Blackhawks at -139 on the moneyline won on the day, and the total score (1) sent UNDER bettors to the payout window.
St. Louis was a 3-2 loser in its last match at home against the Islanders. They lost as favorites, while the total score of 5 made winners of UNDER bettors.
- Tampa Bay is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- Tampa Bay is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing St. Louis
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of Tampa Bay’s last 12 games when playing St. Louis
- Tampa Bay is 2-10-1 SU in its last 13 games when playing on the road against St. Louis
- St. Louis is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of St. Louis’s last 6 games
- St. Louis is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing Tampa Bay
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of St. Louis’s last 12 games when playing Tampa Bay
Next Betting Matchups
Tampa Bay home to Colorado, Thursday, October 29th
St. Louis home to Anaheim, Thursday, October 29th