The Boise State Broncos will be looking to improve to 12-1 SU in their past 13 games when travel to Charlottesville to face the Virginia Cavaliers on Friday night.
- Boise State is 13-for-15 on red zone opportunities this season with 11 touchdowns.
- Virginia RB Taquan Mizzell leads the nation in receiving yards by a running back.
- The OVER has cashed in Boise State’s past five games on the road.
The Broncos routed the FCS Idaho State Bengals 52-0 last weekend, covering as 28-point chalk and ending a two-game SU losing streak. The Broncos lost 35-24 to BYU in their last road contest, but are 5-2 SU, 4-3 ATS, in their last seven away from home.
The Cavaliers picked up their first SU win of the year on Saturday with a close 35-29 victory over FCS William & Mary Tribe, failing to cover as 20-point favorites.
Overall, Virginia is just 2-7 SU, 3-6 ATS, in their last nine, and have struggled against Mountain West opponents, going 2-4 SU, 1-5 ATS, in their last six, including three SU home losses.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Odds makers at Bodog had the Virginia Cavaliers as 4-point underdogs in the matchup, while the betting total had not been set at press time (check BetOnline for the latest on the over under).
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 26-21 win for the Broncos. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming NCAAF matchups here.
Boise State Broncos vs Virginia Cavaliers Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Virginia bring a 1-2 record (1-2 ATS) to the Week 4 betting matchup against the 2-1 Boise State Broncos, who are 1-2 ATS against the spread. Over under betting has seen Virginia go 2-1 so far and the Broncos go 1-2. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Virginia vs Boise State injuries news.
The game pits the Virginia Cavaliers, currently No. 70 in our Odds – VSB
NCAA Football Power Rankings, against the Boise State Broncos, who rate No. 12 in the latest survey.
Offensively, the game matches up the Virginia Cavaliers No. 92-ranked offense (26 PPG) against a Boise State Broncos defense that ranks No. 24 at 16 PPG. The Virginia Cavaliers passing attack has averaged 263.33 yards per game, more than the Boise State Broncos give up through the air (240.33 YPG on average).
Defensively, the Boise State Broncos feature the league’s No. 9-rated road run defense, allowing 72 yards per game. Virginia, meanwhile, ranks No. 116 in rushing offense at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Boise State’s defense kept the Bengals off the scoreboard last time out in a 52-0 win at Albertsons Stadium.
- Boise State is 11-1 SU in its last 12 games
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of Boise State’s last 12 games
- Boise State is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Boise State’s last 5 games on the road
- Virginia is 3-7 ATS in its last 10 games
- Virginia is 2-7 SU in its last 9 games
- Virginia is 7-3 ATS in its last 10 games at home
- Virginia is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Boise State home to Hawaii, Saturday, October 3rd
Virginia at Pittsburgh, Saturday, October 10th