The Arizona Diamondbacks have been one of the biggest surprises in the early going of the MLB season thanks largely to their success at home. The D-backs will attempt to pick up their fourth straight victory overall and 10th consecutive at Chase Field on Friday vs the Milwaukee Brewers. Sportsbooks opened the Brew Crew as +127 underdogs with a total of 9.5.
– Shark Bites
- The total has gone UNDER in five of the Brewers’ last seven games as underdogs against the Diamondbacks.
- The Brewers are 7-2 SU in their last nine games with Zach Davies as the starting pitcher.
- The total has gone UNDER in four of the Brewers’ last five games when opening a series.
Zach Davies and Randall Delgado will get the nod for the Brewers and Diamondbacks, respectively. Davies (6-3, 4.69 ERA) improved to 6-2 with a 3.09 ERA in his last eight starts after allowing three hits over six innings in a 3-0 triumph over the Los Angeles Dodgers in his last outing.
Delgado (1-1, 3.24) allowed just one run on six hits in 5 1/3 innings in a 3-0 setback to the Miami Marlins on Saturday. The 27-year-old has posted a 1.80 ERA and struck out 15 batters in three starts since joining the rotation in place of the injured Taijuan Walker.
The OVER is trending when Delgado gets the ball. In Arizona’s last 12 with Delgado as the starting pitcher, the OVER is 9-3.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
On the MLB moneyline for this betting odds matchup, Arizona sat as -135 favorites earlier in the day at Bovada. The over/under total was set at 9.5, according to MyBookie.
Odds – Shark computer prediction handicapping models run on this game pick a 4.8-4.4 victory for the Diamondbacks. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Milwaukee Brewers vs Arizona Diamondbacks Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
37-25 Arizona battles the Brewers, currently with a 32-29 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Arizona vs Milwaukee injuries news.
The Arizona Diamondbacks sit at No. 3 in the current MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark, while the Milwaukee Brewers sit at No. 13 on the same chart.
When it comes to getting on base, the visiting Milwaukee Brewers rank No. 13 at 8.64 hits per game. That compares with the Arizona Diamondbacks No. 8 ranking in that category.
Defensively, Milwaukee features the No. 2-rated defense on the road, allowing 3.72 runs per game. Arizona, meanwhile, comes in at No. 1 at home, scoring 6.47 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Milwaukee lost in extra innings against the Giants on Thursday as San Francisco edged them 9-5 at Miller Park.
Arizona enjoyed a laugher in their last game on Thursday, running up a 15-3 score against the Padres.
- Milwaukee is 7-3 ATS in its last 10 games
- Milwaukee is 10-2 ATS in its last 12 games on the road
- Milwaukee is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games on the road
- Milwaukee is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Arizona
- Arizona is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- Arizona is 16-7 SU in its last 23 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Arizona’s last 6 games
- Arizona is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Milwaukee at Arizona, Saturday, June 10th