Expect the big bats to show up when the Pittsburgh Pirates and Milwaukee Brewers close out their series Thursday. The two teams have averaged over 10 runs per game in their past 12 contests against one another, with the OVER going 10-2 in that span.
- The Brewers are 2-6 in their past eight games against the Pirates.
- The OVER is 15-6 in the Pirates’ past 21 games coming off a loss as a favorite.
- The UNDER is 4-0 in the Brewers’ past four games with a closing total of 8.5 or less.
Matt Garza will be making his seventh start of the season for the Brewers after opening the year on the DL. Garza has still yet to settle in on the mound, as the righty has gone 0-3 with an 8.80 ERA in his past three starts.
The Pirates will send Francisco Liriano to the bump in hopes he can finally find the strike zone. Liriano has walked 13.6 percent of batters he has faced, which is the highest mark in the MLB.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Betting fans looking to pick the Pittsburgh Pirates in this matchup found them as -168 favorites on the MLB money line at BetOnline. Betting the over under instead? It was 8.5 at its open earlier today and hovering near that number at Bodog.
Odds – Shark
computer prediction formulas pick a 5.3-2.9 win for the Brewers on Thursday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Milwaukee Brewers vs Pittsburgh Pirates Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Pittsburgh Pirates bring a 48-46 record to the battle against the 40-52 Brewers. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Pittsburgh vs Milwaukee injuries news.
The Odds – Shark
MLB Power Rankings have the Pittsburgh Pirates at No. 7 and the Milwaukee Brewers at No. 23 heading into this contest.
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and Pittsburgh has baseball’s No. 14-rated offensive output, at 9.05 hits per game. The Milwaukee Brewers average 8.09 hits per game, good for No. 27 on the list.
Pitching and defensive stats are important baseball handicapping betting factors and Pittsburgh has the No. 19-ranked defense. In the other dugout, the Brewers own the No. 21 mark in runs allowed.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Brewers grabbed a win last time out, defeating J Locke and the Pirates 9-5 on Wednesday at PNC Park.
- Milwaukee is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- Milwaukee is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games
- Milwaukee is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Milwaukee is 6-15 SU in its last 21 games on the road
- Pittsburgh is 11-5 ATS in its last 16 games
- Pittsburgh is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- Pittsburgh is 11-5 SU in its last 16 games
- Pittsburgh is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
Next Betting Matchups
Milwaukee home to Chicago, Friday, July 22nd
Pittsburgh home to Philadelphia, Friday, July 22nd