The Maryland Terrapins survived a potential early season upset by Georgetown on Tuesday thanks to a 75-71 victory over the Bulldogs and will be looking for a better effort Friday against the Rider Broncs. Rider (0-2 SU, ATS) opened as a 19-point underdog at most sportsbooks.
- The Broncs are 9-2 ATS in their last 11 road games.
- The Terrapins are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games.
- The UNDER is 6-1 in the Broncs’ last seven overall.
With the addition of three new starters (Robert Carter Jr., Rasheed Sulaimon and Diamond Stone), the third-ranked Terps have gone through some growing pains in the early stages of the campaign in an effort to build chemistry. Maryland needs to get a better effort from its reserves, as the bench put up a collective nine points in the aforementioned tilt versus Georgetown.
One area Rider will need to improve in is getting to the free throw line. The Broncs have managed just 14 trips to the charity stripe in their opening two contests.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The Maryland Terrapins were listed as -20-point favorites at most sportsbooks tracked by Odds – VSB
earlier in the day. It opened first at BetOnline, where the over/under betting odds total was expected shortly.
Rider Broncs vs Maryland Terrapins Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
This college basketball season, the Maryland Terrapins are 2-0 overall and 1-1 ATS, while the Rider Broncs are 0-2 and 0-2 ATS. As for the betting totals, Maryland boasts a 1-1 on the OU, and Rider is 0-2.
According to new college basketball power rankings here at Odds – VSB
, it’s the No. 88-ranked Maryland Terrapins and the No. 171-rated Rider Broncs in this matchup.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- Rider is 17-8 SU in its last 25 games
- Rider is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Rider’s last 7 games
- Rider is 9-2 ATS in its last 11 games on the road
- Maryland is 11-2 SU in its last 13 games
- Maryland is 17-2 SU in its last 19 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Rider at Cleveland State, Tuesday, November 24th
Maryland at Illinois State, Tuesday, November 24th