The Bruins and Senators will jockey for position in the Atlantic this evening when they drop the puck under 125 miles away from the only other game going on in the NHL tonight. These divisional opponents haven’t faced off yet this season but Ottawa has left Boston scratching their heads as they took three of their four matchups last year, outscoring the Bruins 14-10.
- The Senators are 7-2 in their last 9 games against teams with winning records.
- The Bruins are 13-0 in their last 13 games after losing as a favorite.
- The Bruins are 7-1 against Eastern Conference opponents when Tuukka Rask has started.
Boston has been thriving on the road this year and that’s a trend that does not bode well for the Sens tonight as the Bruins have taken 15 of the last 21 games in this matchup when they’ve squared off North of the border.
Craig Anderson and the Sens are coming off a big momentum win against the first-place Canadiens but have been struggling mightily to score goals of late and have potted three or more just twice since October 25.
Beating the best goalie in the world four times in their last game was probably good for Ottawa’s confidence but they did so on just 23 shots. Tuukka Rask has a .958 save percentage in road games this year and has not lost a game when his opponents have fired fewer than 24 shots his way.
Boston Bruins vs Ottawa Senators Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Ottawa Senators bring a 11-7-1 record to the battle against the 11-8-0 Bruins. OVER/UNDER bettors have seen Ottawa go 7-11-1 so far and the Bruins go 7-10-2. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Ottawa vs Boston injuries news.
The Odds – Shark
NHL Power Rankings have the Ottawa Senators at No. 25 and the Boston Bruins at No. 17 heading into this contest.
Offensively, the game matches up the Ottawa Senators No. 27-ranked offense (2.32 goals per game) against a Boston Bruins defense that ranks No. 5 at 2.32 goals per game allowed. The Senators powerplay has clicked at a 10.53% rate while the Bruins have a 85.71% rate on the penalty kill.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Boston was a 4-2 loser in its last match at home against the Blues. They lost as favorites, while the total score of 6 made winners of OVER bettors.
In their last action, Ottawa was a 4-3 winner on the road against the Canadiens. Bettors on Ottawa at +180 on the moneyline collected their winnings from that game, while the total score (7) sent OVER bettors home happy as well.
- Boston is 6-2 ATS in its last 8 games
- Boston is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- Boston is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
- Boston is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games on the road
- Ottawa is 3-8 ATS in its last 11 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Ottawa’s last 12 games
- Ottawa is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- Ottawa is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Boston home to Calgary, Friday, November 25th
Ottawa home to Carolina, Saturday, November 26th