The Chicago Bulls have been a tough team to figure out so far, but on the heels of a 113-88 win over the Portland Trail Blazers, Fred Hoiberg’s squad is feeling good about themselves ahead of Thursday’s tilt with the Utah Jazz.
– Shark Bites
- The total has gone UNDER in seven of the Jazz’ last 10 games after losing the previous game in a matchup.
- The Bulls are 7-3 SU in their last 10 games with one day off between games.
- The Bulls are 1-7 SU and ATS in their last eight games on the road after winning their two most recent road games.
Defense was Chicago’s biggest issue early on, but they’ve tightened up on that end of the floor lately. The Bulls have limited their last three opponents to under 100 points while holding the Trail Blazers to 35.8 percent from the floor (and 9-of-34 from 3-point range) in their most recent outing. Chicago outrebounded Portland 67-49 and scored 52 points in the paint in the victory.
The loss of power forward Derrick Favors will have a big impact on Utah. Favors, who left Monday’s game against the Memphis Grizzlies, has been ruled out for the contest. Favors underwent an MRI on Wednesday morning which showed a bone contusion in his right knee, but the team is not yet planning on sitting him for an extended period of time.
Favors is averaging 10.5 points and 6.5 rebounds while shooting 47 percent from the floor through 11 games.
The Bulls haven’t been getting the job done against the Jazz at the betting window in recent clashes. Chicago is 1-4 ATS in its last five vs Utah.
Chicago Bulls vs Utah Jazz Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Supporters of the Chicago Bulls have seen them go 7-4 and 7-4 ATS so far this NBA season, while the Utah Jazz are at 7-5 and 6-6 ATS. In Over/Under totals betting, the Jazz are 8-4, while the Chicago Bulls are 4-7. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Utah vs Chicago injuries news.
This game pits the Utah Jazz, currently No. 5 in the Odds – Shark NBA Power Rankings, against the Chicago Bulls, who rate No. 10 in the most recent survey update.
When it comes to rebounds, the visiting Chicago Bulls rank No. 1 in the league with 49.45 per game. That compares with Utah’s No. 29 ranking in that category. The story is different when it comes to three-point shooting where Utah is the NBA’s No. 14-ranked team at 8.92 per game, while the Chicago Bulls rate No. 24 with 7.45 per contest.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Portland was run off the court by the Bulls on Tuesday as Chicago blasted the Trail Blazers 113-88 at Moda Center.
Utah got 20 points from Joe Ingles but lost anyway 102-96 against the Grizzlies on Monday at Vivint Smart Home Arena.
- Chicago is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- Chicago is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 16 of Chicago’s last 23 games
- Chicago is 3-5-1 ATS in its last 9 games on the road
- Utah is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games
- Utah is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Utah’s last 7 games
- Utah is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Chicago at Los Angeles, Saturday, November 19th
Utah at Houston, Saturday, November 19th