The Montreal Canadiens have been without reigning Hart Trophy winner Carey Price in net for the past nine games, but the Habs will get their star player back Friday when they visit the New York Islanders. This could be a good spot for Price to return, as the Canadiens are 7-1 in their last eight games against the Isle.
- The Canadiens have allowed the first three goals in the past three games.
- The UNDER is 5-1 in the past five when the Islanders host the Canadiens.
- The OVER is 5-0 in the Canadiens’ last five road games.
Canadiens captain Max Pacioretty extended his six-game scoring streak in a loss to the Arizona Coyotes Thursday. Pacioretty now has three goals and five assists in the past six games. The Habs beat the Islanders 4-1 when they met earlier this month on the back of goaltender Mike Condon who made 17 saves.
Kyle Okposo has been the focal point of the Islanders attack lately, with the winger tallying five assists in the past three games. The Isles have had a difficult time scoring against the Canadiens, with the team scoring one or fewer goals in four of their past five against Montreal.
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The New York Islanders bring a 10-6-3 record to the battle against the 14-4-2 Canadiens. OVER/UNDER bettors have seen New York go 6-12-1 so far and the Canadiens go 11-7-2. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and New York vs Montreal injuries news.
This game puts the New York Islanders, most recently No. 13 in the Odds – VSB
NHL Power Rankings, up against the Montreal Canadiens, who rate a No. 1 in the latest survey.
Offensively, the game matches up the New York Islanders No. 9-ranked offense (2.84 goals per game) against a Montreal Canadiens defense that ranks No. 3 at 2.25 goals per game allowed. The Islanders powerplay has clicked at a 18.87% rate while the Canadiens have a 84.13% rate on the penalty kill.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
In their last action, Montreal was a 3-2 loser at home against the Coyotes. Bettors on Arizona at +177 on the moneyline collected their winnings from that game, while the total score (5) sent UNDER bettors home happy as well.
The Islanders were a 5-2 winner in their most recent outing at home against the Coyotes. That made winners of bettors who got New York at -190 on the moneyline, while the total score (7) was good news for OVER bettors.
- Montreal is 14-6 SU in its last 20 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Montreal’s last 5 games
- Montreal is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Montreal’s last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of NY Islanders’s last 8 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of NY Islanders’s last 6 games at home
- NY Islanders is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games when playing Montreal
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of NY Islanders’s last 6 games when playing Montreal
Next Betting Matchups
Montreal home to New York, Sunday, November 22nd