The Pittsburgh Penguins are still searching for their first win of the 2015/16 NHL season and will have their hands full in order to get it Tuesday evening when the Montreal Canadiens invade the Consol Energy Center. Montreal (3-0-0) has come out of the gate red-hot on both ends of the ice, surrendering just four goals while lighting the lamp 10 times in the young campaign.
- Pittsburgh has recorded 20 of a possible 26 points in its last 13 clashes with Montreal.
- Penguins superstar Sidney Crosby has yet to register a shot on goal through two games.
- The road team is 4-0 in the previous four matchups between these clubs.
Pittsburgh, a team that’s usually heralded for its goal scoring prowess, has gone ice cold when it comes to finding an offensive groove. The Pens have only mustered up one goal in their opening two contests in losses to the Arizona Coyotes and Dallas Stars.
Poor results on the power play have plagued both squads so far. Montreal is 1-for-13 with the man advantage, while Pittsburgh has failed to convert on all seven of their opportunities in two appearances.
Marc-Andre Fleury and Carey Price are the probable starters in net for the Pens and Habs, respectively. History shows the usually dominant Price hasn’t enjoyed facing Pittsbugh, as the 28-year-old has lost six of his last eight against the black and gold while posting a bloated 3.42 goals against average.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The Montreal Canadiens were listed as 120 underdogs on the NHL hockey moneyline earlier at Bet365. The over under total was set at 5 before betting started earlier on Tuesday at Bodog.
Odds – VSB
computer prediction handicapping models run on this game pick a 2.6-1.4 victory for the Canadiens. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming NHL matchups here.
Montreal Canadiens vs Pittsburgh Penguins Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
0-2-0 Pittsburgh battles the Canadiens, currently with a 3-0-0 mark. The OVER/UNDER records, important for totals bettors, are 0-2 for the Penguins and 1-2 for the Canadiens. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Pittsburgh vs Montreal injuries news.
It’s an NHL hockey betting matchup between the No. 26-rated Pittsburgh Penguins and the No. 18-ranked Montreal Canadiens, according to the latest NHL power poll here at Odds – VSB
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Montreal was a 3-1 winner in its last match on the road against the Senators. They won as -109 underdogs, while the total score of 4 made winners of UNDER bettors.
Pittsburgh was a 2-1 loser in its last match on the road against the Coyotes. They lost as -181 underdogs, while the total score of 3 made winners of UNDER bettors.
- Montreal is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- Montreal is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Montreal’s last 9 games on the road
- Montreal is 4-9 SU in its last 13 games when playing Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Pittsburgh’s last 5 games
- Pittsburgh is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Pittsburgh’s last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Montreal home to New York, Thursday, October 15th
Pittsburgh home to Ottawa, Thursday, October 15th