A pair of neighboring clubs north of the border tangle in the lone NHL game Sunday when the Montreal Canadiens invade the Canadian Tire Center for a date with the Ottawa Senators. Both sides are off to perfect 2-0 starts to the regular season and have clearly picked up where they left off last year.
- The Senators won three out of their four regular season clashes with Montreal last year.
- Ottawa went 3-for-6 on the powerplay in their last game vs. Toronto.
- The Under is 4-1 in the teams’ last five meetings in Ottawa.
The Canadiens have been a force in the Eastern Conference for a while but the Senators are the new kids on the block. Sens fans and backers alike will be pleased to see all-world talent Carey Price on the bench in this one, as newly-acquired backup netminder Mike Condon will get the start in his place. Montreal is in the second game of a back-to-back after topping Boston 4-2 in Beantown Saturday evening.
The Senators are expected to send Craig Anderson to the crease. Anderson holds the starting gig for now while Andrew Hammond, the rookie sensation that came out of nowhere last season, is sidelined with a groin injury.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
If you’re going with the Ottawa Senators in this one, they were listed as moneyline favorites of -117 on most NHL hockey betting menus (such as Bodog) early today for Sunday’s contest. The over-under total was at 5 earlier at Bet365.
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 3.1-2.7 win for the Senators. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming NHL matchups here.
Montreal Canadiens vs Ottawa Senators Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Ottawa Senators are 2-0-0 so far on the season. The Montreal Canadiens, meanwhile, are 2-0-0. OVER/UNDER betting fans have seen Ottawa go 1-1 and the Canadiens go 1-1 on the totals. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Ottawa vs Montreal injuries news.
This game matches up the No. 9 (Ottawa Senators) and the No. 24 (Montreal Canadiens) teams according to our current NHL Power Rankings.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Montreal won its last outing, a 4-2 result against the Bruins on October 10. Bettors who backed the Canadiens at -116 on the moneyline won on the day, and the total score (6) sent OVER bettors to the payout window.
- Montreal is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- Montreal is 7-3 SU in its last 10 games on the road
- Montreal is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing Ottawa
- Montreal is 4-9 SU in its last 13 games when playing on the road against Ottawa
- Ottawa is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Ottawa’s last 6 games
- Ottawa is 12-5 SU in its last 17 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Ottawa’s last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Montreal at Pittsburgh, Tuesday, October 13th
Ottawa at Columbus, Wednesday, October 14th