Both Vancouver and St. Louis have started off the season red-hot, but the Canucks have long dominated the Blues. The Canucks have won the past six games against the Blues while posting a 9-0-2 mark in their past 11, with Vancouver looking to extend that streak Friday.
- Backup goalie Jake Allen (3.05 GAA), will start for the Blues.
- The UNDER is 13-3 in the past 16 between the Blues and the Canucks.
- Canucks goalie Ryan Miller (1.21 GAA) will get his fifth consecutive start.
The Canucks defense and goaltending has been on point in the early goings of the season, with opposition scoring an average of 2.75 goals per game with Vancouver allowing less than two goals in three of their past four. Offensively, the Canucks are using a committee with 10 different players scoring through four games.
The Blues have been a lot more top heavy this season with four players accounting for 69 percent of their offense. St. Louis has simply outscored opponents over their past two as they have notched eight goals while allowing six.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Sportsbooks such as Bodog had the Vancouver Canucks as -126 moneyline favorites in this particular NHL betting matchup earlier. The over under total, meanwhile, was set early at 5 before betting started to move the line at Bet365.
Odds – VSB
computer prediction formulas pick a 3.2-2.9 win for the Canucks on Friday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming NHL matchups here.
St. Louis Blues vs Vancouver Canucks Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
This season the Vancouver Canucks are 3-0-1 overall while the St. Louis Blues are 3-1-0. As for the totals, Vancouver is 1-3 on the OU, and St. Louis is 2-1-1. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Vancouver vs St. Louis injuries news.
According to new NHL Power Rankings here at Odds – VSB
, it’s the No. 4-ranked Vancouver Canucks and the No. 6-rated St. Louis Blues in this matchup.
Offensively, the game matches up the Vancouver Canucks No. 15-ranked offense (3 goals per game) against a St. Louis Blues defense that ranks No. 10 at 2.25 goals per game allowed. The Canucks powerplay has clicked at a 7.69% rate while the Blues have a 80% rate on the penalty kill.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Last time out for St. Louis, they were a 4-2 winner as they battled the Oilers on the road. Moneyline bettors who got the Blues at -138 were rewarded, while the 6 combined goals moved the game OVER for totals bettors.
Last time out for Vancouver, they were a 3-0 winner as they battled the Kings on the road. Moneyline bettors who got the Canucks at +165 were rewarded, while the 3 combined goals moved the game UNDER for totals bettors.
- St. Louis is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games on the road
- St. Louis is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing Vancouver
- The total has gone UNDER in 13 of St. Louis’s last 18 games when playing Vancouver
- St. Louis is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Vancouver
- Vancouver is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Vancouver’s last 7 games
- Vancouver is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Vancouver’s last 7 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
St. Louis at Winnipeg, Sunday, October 18th
Vancouver home to Edmonton, Sunday, October 18th