A pair of teams that are no stranger to each other face off for the first time in the 2015/16 NHL season Monday evening when the Vancouver Canucks fly south of the border for a date with the Anaheim Ducks.
- The Under is 5-1 in the last six meetings between the clubs.
- The Canucks have given up 28 third period shots through just two contests.
- Ryan Miller is 0-2-1 with a 4.12 GAA in his last three vs. the Ducks
The Canucks historically haven’t enjoyed facing Anaheim, particularly in California. Vancouver is 1-4 in its last four trips to the Honda Center and is just 2-9 in its last 11 overall versus the Ducks. Former ‘Nucks defenseman Kevin Bieksa, who was traded to Anaheim in the offseason, will be making his debut against his old club. Bieksa had 14 points in 60 games last year for Vancouver.
Anaheim will be seeking to rebound on home ice from a disappointing 2-0 season-opening loss at the hands of the San Jose Sharks. Starting netminders Ryan Miller and Frederik Anderson are the probable starters for the Canucks and Ducks, respectively.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The visiting Vancouver Canucks opened as 145 moneyline underdogs in this one at most online sportsbooks tracked at Odds – VSB
, including BetOnline. The total opened at 5.5 for those preferring over under betting, watch for the line updates during the day at Bodog.
Odds – VSB
computer prediction handicapping models run on this game pick a 3.4-3.3 victory for the Canucks. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming NHL matchups here.
Vancouver Canucks vs Anaheim Ducks Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Supporters of the Vancouver Canucks have seen them go 1-0-1 so far this season, while the Ducks are at 0-1-0. In totals betting, the Anaheim Ducks are 0-1, while the Canucks are 1-1. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Anaheim vs Vancouver injuries news.
The NHL Power Rankings at Odds – VSB
show the No. 4-rated Vancouver Canucks taking on the No. 25-rated Anaheim Ducks in this contest.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Anaheim lost its last outing, a 2-0 result against the Sharks on October 10. Bettors who backed the Sharks at -121 on the moneyline won on the day, and the total score (2) sent UNDER bettors to the payout window.
- Vancouver is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- Vancouver is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Vancouver’s last 5 games on the road
- Vancouver is 2-9 SU in its last 11 games when playing Anaheim
- Anaheim is 12-6 SU in its last 18 games
- Anaheim is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Anaheim’s last 5 games
- Anaheim is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Vancouver at Los Angeles, Tuesday, October 13th
Anaheim home to Arizona, Wednesday, October 14th