The Washington Capitals have routinely entered the NHL playoffs as favorites in recent years but time and time again they have collapsed. Pressure has always seemed to get the better of the Caps during the postseason. The series between the Capitals and Toronto Maple Leafs shifts to the Great White North with the Caps looking to prove they are a Stanley Cup-worthy squad.
– Shark BITES
- The Capitals are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games on the road.
- The Capitals are 1-5 against the puckline in their last 6 games against the Maple Leafs.
- The favored team is 13-2 SU in its last 15 games in this matchup.
There may be changes in store for the Capitals lineup after dropping a double-overtime Game 2 to the Leafs. The top line featuring Alex Ovechkin and Nicklas Backstrom has been effectively shut down by the Leafs’ Nazem Kadri-anchored line. Coach Barry Trotz could decide that it is best to separate Ovie and Backstrom in hopes of getting at least one of them going offensively.
Toronto’s offensive depth has been on full display during this series, as seven players have notched two points through the first two games. James van Riemsdyk has continued to excel against the Caps, as the winger has notched two goals and four assists in five games against Washington across the regular season and playoffs.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
If you’re backing the visiting Washington Capitals in this one, the Capitals listed earlier today as favorites of -155 at most sportsbooks, including Bovada. Those over/under total betting saw the number open in the area of 5, depending on the book.
Odds – Shark score prediction models pick a 3.8-2.1 result in favor of the Capitals today. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming NHL matchups here.
Washington Capitals vs Toronto Maple Leafs Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
41-27-16 Toronto battles the Capitals, currently with a 56-19-9 mark. The OVER/UNDER records, important for totals bettors, are 38-44-2 for the Maple Leafs and 37-32-15 for the Capitals. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Toronto vs Washington injuries news.
It’s an NHL hockey betting matchup between the No. 8-rated Toronto Maple Leafs and the No. 3-ranked Washington Capitals, according to the latest NHL power poll here at Odds – Shark.
The game also pits Toronto’s No. 5-ranked offense, averaging 3.06 goals per game, against a Capitals defense that ranks No. 1 at 2.24 goals allowed. The Maple Leafs power play is averaging 23.9% while the Capitals defense kills off 83.81% of their penalties.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- Washington is 11-3 SU in its last 14 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Washington’s last 6 games
- Washington is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Washington’s last 10 games on the road
- Toronto is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Toronto’s last 6 games
- Toronto is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Toronto’s last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Washington at Toronto, Wednesday, April 19th