Washington got a good performance out of their backup goalie last night and will have a well-rested Braden Holtby for the second half of their back-to-back with the Maple Leafs in Toronto this evening. The Capitals have played the Leafs on the second half of a back-to-back twice during the Barry Trotz regime and they’ve gone 2-0 in those games.
- The Maple Leafs have the 3rd highest average total goals per game in the league.
- The Capitals are 8-1-1 in their last 10 games against the Leafs.
- Alex Ovechkin has 57 points in 39 career games against Toronto and has 5 points in his last 3 games.
The Caps have been fairly successful on the road this year going 5-2-2 and much of that success can be attributed to their Vezina-winning netminder Braden Holtby, who is 4-1-1 away from the Verizon Center with a .938 save percentage. In his two starts against the Matthews, Nylander and Marner-less Leafs last season, Holtby was 2-0-0 with a .932 save percentage.
In a year that has seen games go UNDER far more frequently than they’ve gone OVER, Toronto has eclipsed their game’s set total more than their fair share. This trend can largely be attributed to the high volume of goals they’ve allowed and to their starting goalie Frederik Andersen that has given up more scores than any other goalie in the league.
With the Capitals’ offense starting to click, the light bulbs at the ACC could be getting a workout tonight.
Washington Capitals vs Toronto Maple Leafs Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Supporters of the Washington Capitals have seen them go 13-5-2 so far this season, while the Maple Leafs are at 8-8-4. In totals betting, the Toronto Maple Leafs are 11-9, while the Capitals are 8-8-4. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Toronto vs Washington injuries news.
The NHL Power Rankings at Odds – Shark
show the No. 10-rated Washington Capitals taking on the No. 16-rated Toronto Maple Leafs in this contest.
The game also pits Toronto’s No. 5-ranked offense, averaging 3.1 goals per game, against a Capitals defense that ranks No. 3 at 2.2 goals allowed. The Maple Leafs power play is averaging 21.05% while the Capitals defense kills off 82.81% of their penalties.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Washington was a 3-1 winner in its last match at home against the Sabres. They won as favorites, while the total score of 4 made winners of UNDER bettors.
Last time out for Toronto, they were a 5-4 loser as they battled the Devils on the road. Moneyline bettors who got the Devils at -140 were rewarded, while the 9 combined goals moved the game OVER for totals bettors.
- Washington is 2-7 ATS in its last 9 games
- Washington is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- Washington is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Washington is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- Toronto is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- Toronto is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Toronto’s last 9 games
- Toronto is 18-7 ATS in its last 25 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Washington home to New York, Thursday, December 1st
Toronto at Edmonton, Tuesday, November 29th