The Washington Capitals and New York Rangers will meet for the first time this season Tuesday night, but if history hold true than you can expect the game to be low scoring. In the past seven meetings between the Caps and the Rangers, the OVER/UNDER record is 1-5-1 with each game being decided by one goal.
- The Capitals have lost the past three against the Rangers.
- The total has gone UNDER in six of the Rangers past eight games.
- Alex Ovechkin had five goals in four games against the Rangers last season.
The Capitals have won eight of their first 10 games, which is the best the franchise has ever done to start off a season. The Caps are a perfect 4-0 on the road this season outscoring their hosting opponents 18-9.
The Rangers have won four consecutive home games after starting the season 1-1-1 at Madison Square Garden. Goaltender Henrik Lundqvist has a 1.79 GAA and .940 save percentage at home this season.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The New York Rangers were listed earlier today as -133 moneyline favorites at most sportsbooks tracked by Odds – VSB
(including Bodog), while odds makers set the opening betting total around 5.
Odds – VSB
computer prediction formulas pick a 3.3-3.1 win for the Rangers on Tuesday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming NHL matchups here.
Washington Capitals vs New York Rangers Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
New York will face the 8-2-0 Capitals. In totals betting, the Rangers are 2-6-3 in over under betting so far this season while the Washington Capitals are 3-6-1. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and New York vs Washington injuries news.
This game puts the New York Rangers, most recently No. 11 in the Odds – VSB
NHL Power Rankings, up against the Washington Capitals, who rate a No. 3 in the latest survey.
Offensively, the game matches up the New York Rangers No. 12-ranked offense (2.82 goals per game) against a Washington Capitals defense that ranks No. 10 at 2.3 goals per game allowed. The Rangers powerplay has clicked at a 17.39% rate while the Capitals have a 87.88% rate on the penalty kill.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Last time out for Washington, they were a 2-1 winner as they battled the Panthers on the road. Moneyline bettors who got the Capitals at -133 were rewarded, while the 3 combined goals moved the game UNDER for totals bettors.
New York was a 3-1 winner in its last match at home against the Maple Leafs. They won as favorites, while the total score of 4 made winners of UNDER bettors.
- Washington is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Washington’s last 5 games
- Washington is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Washington’s last 12 games on the road
- NY Rangers is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of NY Rangers’s last 8 games
- NY Rangers is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of NY Rangers’s last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Washington home to Boston, Thursday, November 5th
New York at Colorado, Friday, November 6th