The Cubs are fresh off their sweep of the LA Angels and will begin a series with the Cardinals tonight looking for their tenth straight win. Chicago has been the favorite to win the World Series all year long and they are only bolstering that standing with this winning streak.
- The Cardinals are 6-1 on the runline in their last 7 games against the Cubs.
- The Cubs have won four straight in games started by Jon Lester.
- The Cardinals are 7-5 as underdogs against teams in the NL Central.
Jon Lester will take the rock for the Cubs tonight and will put his sub 3.00 ERA and 1.09 WHIP on the line against the Cardinals and Carlos Martinez (10-7, 3.29 ERA). The Dominican has gotten roughed up in two straight starts but has been stellar on the road in 2016, posting a 2.28 ERA and a 6-1 record away from Busch.
The Cardinals currently sit in one of the two NL wild-card spots and have their excellent road record to thank for that. The Redbirds are 11 games above .500 away from home and will be extremely motivated to stop the streak of their division rivals.
The Indians still own the longest winning streak this year with 14 in a row but if the Cubs keep things rolling at Wrigley they could challenge the Tribe’s feat.
St. Louis Cardinals vs Chicago Cubs Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Chicago (71-41) will face the 60-54 Cardinals in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Chicago vs St. Louis injuries news.
It’s a MLB baseball betting matchup between the No. 1-rated Chicago Cubs and the league No. 25-ranked St. Louis Cardinals, according to the latest MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
When it comes to getting on base, the visiting St. Louis Cardinals rank No. 14 at 8.78 hits per game. That compares with the Chicago Cubs No. 16 ranking in that category.
Defensively, St. Louis features the No. 8-rated defense on the road, allowing 4.26 runs per game. Chicago, meanwhile, comes in at No. 8 at home, scoring 4.77 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Cardinals grabbed a win last time out, defeating A DeSclafani and the Reds 3-2 on Wednesday at Busch Stadium.
Chicago rolled to a 3-1 win against Los Angeles on Wednesday, as J Hammel and the Cubs’ bats led the team to victory at Wrigley Field.
- St. Louis is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of St. Louis’s last 5 games
- St. Louis is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- St. Louis is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- Chi Cubs are 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games
- Chi Cubs are 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Chi Cubs’ last 5 games
- Chi Cubs are 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
St. Louis at Chicago, Friday, August 12th