The Chicago Cubs saw their 11-game winning streak come to an end at the hands of the St. Louis Cardinals Saturday. The Cubs imploded by giving up six runs in the eighth inning before ultimately dropping the affair to the Cards 8-4. The Cubs and Cards take to the diamond Sunday with their weekend series split 1-1.
- John Lackey has averaged over eight strikeouts in three games against the Cardinals this year.
- The Cardinals are 6-1 against the runline in their past seven games at Wrigley Field.
- The UNDER is 15-6 in the Cubs’ last 21 games at home.
Mike Leake will be looking to end his worst stretch of games this season when he takes the bump. Leake has surrendered 23 runs in his past four starts – which includes three starts of six-plus runs – while posting an ERA of 9.00.
John Lackey will be making his fourth consecutive start at Wrigley Field and the veteran has given the home crowd plenty to be happy about in his past three outings. Lackey has a 2.14 ERA while holding opponents to a .189 batting average in his past three starts.
St. Louis Cardinals vs Chicago Cubs Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Chicago Cubs bring a 73-42 record to the battle against the 61-56 Cardinals. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Chicago vs St. Louis injuries news.
This game puts the Chicago Cubs, most recently No. 1 in Odds – Shark
MLB Power Rankings, up against the St. Louis Cardinals, who rate a No. 28 in the latest survey.
The game also pits Chicago Cubs No. 4-rated offense, averaging 5.09 runs per game, against a St. Louis Cardinals defense that ranks No. 15 at 4.4 in runs allowed per game. The Chicago Cubs have averaged 8.67 hits per game so far, less than St. Louis Cardinals batters have averaged on the year (8.76 hits per game).
Defensively, St. Louis features the No. 11-rated defense on the road, allowing 4.41 runs per game. Chicago, meanwhile, comes in at No. 8 at home, scoring 4.88 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
K Hendricks fanned 12 St. Louis batters last time out, but St. Louis were able to or rally for a 8-4 win on Saturday at Wrigley Field.
- St. Louis is 2-12 ATS in its last 14 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of St. Louis’s last 8 games
- St. Louis is 2-6 ATS in its last 8 games on the road
- St. Louis is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games on the road
- Chi Cubs is 6-2 ATS in its last 8 games
- Chi Cubs is 11-1 SU in its last 12 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Chi Cubs’s last 7 games
- Chi Cubs is 8-1 SU in its last 9 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
St. Louis at Houston, Tuesday, August 16th
Chicago home to Milwaukee, Tuesday, August 16th