The Chicago Cubs haven’t been swept in a series all year long, but the St. Louis Cardinals will be looking to become the first team to do so on Wednesday.
- The visiting team is 4-0 SU in its last four games in this matchup.
- The Cardinals are 7-0 SU in their last seven games on the road.
- The total has gone UNDER in 14 of the Cubs’ last 16 games as home favorites.
Michael Wacha and Jake Arrieta are slated to get the nod for the Cards and Cubbies, respectively. Wacha (2-7, 4.56 ERA) has dropped seven-straight decisions, with his last win coming against the Padres on April 23. Wacha has struggled against Chicago, going 3-4 with a 5.90 ERA in 10 career matchups with the North Siders.
Arrieta has won two-straight starts since collecting his first loss in over 10 months. Arrieta is 5-1 with a 2.09 ERA in 10 starts against the Cardinals and owns a miniscule ERA of 1.95 in 40 career outings at Wrigley Field.
St. Louis Cardinals vs Chicago Cubs Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Chicago (47-22) will face the 37-33 Cardinals in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Chicago vs St. Louis injuries news.
According to MLB Power Rankings here, it’s the No. 2-ranked Chicago Cubs and the No. 6-rated St. Louis Cardinals in this matchup.
At the plate, Chicago owns the No. 15 ranking for hits at 8.64 per game. By contrast, the St. Louis Cardinals are rated No. 9 in the same category at 9.07 per game.
Pitching and defensive stats are important baseball handicapping betting factors and Chicago has the No. 1-ranked defense. In the other dugout, the Cardinals own the No. 13 mark in runs allowed.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
St. Louis rolled to a 4-3 win against Chicago on Tuesday, as A Wainwright and the Cardinals’ bats led the team to victory at Wrigley Field.
- St. Louis is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games
- St. Louis is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of St. Louis’s last 7 games
- St. Louis is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Chi Cubs is 17-8 SU in its last 25 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Chi Cubs’s last 5 games
- Chi Cubs is 11-4 SU in its last 15 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Chi Cubs’s last 8 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
St. Louis at Seattle, Friday, June 24th
Chicago at Miami, Thursday, June 23rd