The St. Louis Cardinals may have their backs against the wall in Game 4 against the Chicago Cubs Tuesday, but history suggests that it is not safe to count out the Cards. St. Louis is 33-17 all-time in National League Division series games and has only lost two of their 12 series’ overall.
- No Cubs player on the roster has ever hit a HR off Lackey.
- The Cubs have won 11 of their past 12 games.
- In 22 playoff appearances, Lackey has a 2.90 ERA.
The Cardinals will start John Lackey on short rest in the potential elimination game. Lackey has only started on short rest four times in his career with the veteran posting a 2-1 record and a 3.15 ERA.
Chicago’s bats blew up in Game 3 with the Cubs hitting a ridiculous six home runs. The Cubs had only hit six home runs in their previous eight games prior to Monday.
Cubs starting pitcher Jason Hammel has struggled against the Cardinals this season. Hammel has made three starts against the Cards this season with a 5.73 ERA and five walks across 11 innings.
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Chicago (100-66) will face the 101-64 Cardinals in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Chicago vs St. Louis injuries news.
The Odds – VSB
MLB Power Rankings have the Chicago Cubs at No. 2 and the St. Louis Cardinals at No. 6 heading into this contest.
On offense, it’s a battle between the Chicago Cubs and its No. 16-rated batting order, averaging 4.26 runs per nine innings, against the No. 24 line up of the St. Louis Cardinals at 4 runs per outing.
St. Louis brings the No. 1-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Cubs’s No. 4-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Cardinals endured a 8-6 loss at the hands of the Cubs on Monday, with M Wacha throwing 4.1 innings of 6-hit ball at Wrigley Field.
- St. Louis is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of St. Louis’s last 6 games
- St. Louis is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- St. Louis is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing Chi Cubs
- Chi Cubs is 11-1 SU in its last 12 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Chi Cubs’s last 16 games
- Chi Cubs is 16-6 SU in its last 22 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Chi Cubs’s last 7 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
St. Louis home to Chicago, Thursday, October 15th