The St. Louis Cardinals take to Wrigley Field Friday to kick off a critical weekend series. The Cards – who are currently half a game back of the NL Wild Card – have enjoyed their trips to Chicago though, as the team is 5-2 SU and 6-1 against the runline in their past seven games at Wrigley.
– Shark Bites
- The UNDER has hit in the past 3 games between the Cardinals and Cubs.
- The Cubs are 9-1 SU and 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games on Friday.
- The Cardinals are 2-5 SU in their last 7 games as a moneyline underdog of 195 or less.
Mike Leake has been his usual solid self since returning from a stint on the DL, as the righty has a 4.41 ERA in his past three outings. One of those three starts came against the Cubs, an outing that saw Leake surrender six hits, four runs and two home runs across 6.0 innings of work.
Jake Arrieta has been struggling in his recent starts at home, as the Cubs’ ace has surrendered 18 runs in his past four starts at Wrigley Field. It has been the long ball that has been really damaging Arrieta in those contests, as he has surrendered five home runs in that span.
St. Louis Cardinals vs Chicago Cubs Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Chicago Cubs sport a record of 97-55 heading into this matchup, while the St. Louis Cardinals sit at 80-72 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Chicago vs St. Louis injuries news.
The MLB Power Rankings show a disparity between these teams, with the Chicago Cubs rated this week at No. 3 and the St. Louis Cardinals sitting at No. 27.
When it comes to getting on base, the visiting St. Louis Cardinals rank No. 18 at 8.7 hits per game. That compares with the Chicago Cubs No. 17 ranking in that category.
Chicago owns the No. 1 defense, allowing 4.97 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with St. Louis’s No. 13-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
St. Louis was routed on Wednesday at Coors Field, having a 11-1 loss put on them by the Colorado Rockies in baseball betting action.
Chicago got the job done in their last match in a 9-2 victory over Cincinnati on Wednesday at Wrigley Field behind starter J Lackey.
- St. Louis is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- St. Louis is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of St. Louis’s last 5 games
- St. Louis is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Chi Cubs is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Chi Cubs’s last 14 games
- Chi Cubs is 3-9 ATS in its last 12 games at home
- Chi Cubs is 14-4 SU in its last 18 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
St. Louis at Chicago, Saturday, September 24th