The Cardinals upset the Cubs last night for their sixth straight road victory and will send Adam Wainwright (5-4, 4.78 ERA) to the bump to pitch against Jason Hammel (7-2, 2.26 ERA) in search of the series win.
- The Cubs are 8-1 in their last nine games at home after a loss at home.
- The total has gone UNDER in 13 of the Cubs’ last 15 games at home.
- The Cardinals are 3-7 in their last 10 games against the Cubs.
Jaime Garcia turned in an unexpected excellent road start against the Cubbies last night and the consummate Cardinal, Adam Wainwright, will toe the rubber at Wrigley tonight, trying to do the same. Wainwright has seen his numbers inflate this year but has turned in three straight quality starts. When he faced the Cubs in May, the righty got knocked around in a no-decision in which he allowed three earned runs, gave up seven hits and issued three walks.
Jason Hammel, the not-so-hard-throwing righty, has seen his numbers get better almost every year he’s been in the league. He brings a career-low ERA into this matchup at Wrigley Field where he has been lights out. At home, Hammel is 3-0 in five starts and has posted a stellar 2.03 ERA.
St. Louis Cardinals vs Chicago Cubs Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
47-21 Chicago battles the Cardinals, currently with a 36-33 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Chicago vs St. Louis injuries news.
The Odds – Shark
MLB Power Rankings have the Chicago Cubs at No. 2 and the St. Louis Cardinals at No. 6 heading into this contest.
Scoring stats point to some edges in this matchup. The game features the Chicago Cubs No. 2-ranked scoring average of 5.38 runs per game, against a St. Louis Cardinals offense rated No. 3 and scoring 5.26 runs per game. The Cubs have averaged 8.66 hits per game to date this season, less than the Cardinals hitters have managed (9.12 per nine innings).
St. Louis brings the No. 14-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Cubs’s No. 1-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
St. Louis looks to continue its winning ways following a victory last time out against the Cubs, a 3-2 final on Monday in support of J Garcia at Wrigley Field.
- St. Louis is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games
- St. Louis is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of St. Louis’s last 6 games
- St. Louis is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- Chi Cubs is 18-7 SU in its last 25 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Chi Cubs’s last 7 games
- Chi Cubs is 11-3 SU in its last 14 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 13 of Chi Cubs’s last 15 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
St. Louis at Chicago, Wednesday, June 22nd