The St. Louis Cardinals are 5-1 in Lance Lynn’s last six starts on the road with the OVER/UNDER going 1-5-1 in his last seven road outings as he heads back to the mound on Saturday afternoon against the San Francisco Giants.
Lynn is 10-8 with a 2.94 ERA on the season, and he’s coming off a win in Arizona in which he gave up just two runs on nine hits over six innings. Ryan Vogelsong (9-9, 4.05 ERA) will pitch for the Giants in Saturday afternoon’s game.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Betting fans looking to pick the San Francisco Giants in this matchup found them as 105 underdogs on the MLB money line at BetOnline. Betting the over under instead? It was 7.5 at its open earlier today and hovering near that number at Bodog.
Odds – VSB
computer prediction formulas pick a 4.5-4.4 win for the Cardinals on Saturday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
St. Louis Cardinals vs San Francisco Giants Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
San Francisco (69-59) will face the 82-46 Cardinals in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and San Francisco vs St. Louis injuries news.
This game matches up the No. 9 (San Francisco Giants) and the No. 10 (St. Louis Cardinals) teams, according to our current MLB Power Rankings.
At the plate, San Francisco owns the No. 3 ranking for hits at 9.21 per game. By contrast, the St. Louis Cardinals are rated No. 14 in the same category at 8.59 per game.
St. Louis brings the No. 1-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Giants’s No. 7-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
St. Louis didn’t get the job done in their last match, falling 5-4 to San Francisco on Friday at AT&T Park.
- St. Louis is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- St. Louis is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of St. Louis’s last 9 games on the road
- St. Louis is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games when playing San Francisco
- San Francisco is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of San Francisco’s last 7 games at home
- San Francisco is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games when playing St. Louis
- San Francisco is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against St. Louis
Next Betting Matchups
St. Louis at San Francisco, Sunday, August 30th