The St. Louis Cardinals and Washington Nationals have not come out of the gates on fire and both will be looking to get on the right side of the ledger when they start a three-game slate Monday. The Cardinals also have the daunting task of trying to defeat a Nats team they have gone just 2-6 SU against in their past eight meetings.
– Shark BITES
- Bryce Harper has a career .389 batting average in 18 at-bats against Adam Wainwright.
- The Nationals are 8-2 SU in their last 10 games after a loss.
- The total has gone OVER in the Cardinals’ last 3 games against the Nationals.
The Cardinals will turn to Adam Wainwright, who has pitched well against the Nationals in his career. In 14 appearances against the Nats, Wainwright has a 2.99 ERA and has allowed less than one hit per inning. Aledmys Diaz has quickly established himself as the best bat in the Cards lineup, as the youngster is leading the team in batting average, hits, home runs and RBIs.
After a solid first start of the season, Tanner Roark will take the bump for the Nationals on Monday. Roark went 6.0 innings and allowed just three hits and two runs against Miami in his season debut last Wednesday. Daniel Murphy continues to be one of the most consistent bats in baseball, as the second baseman is slashing .480/.500/.720 so far this season.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The visiting St. Louis Cardinals were 125 moneyline underdogs in this one earlier in the day at most online sportsbooks including Bovada. The total was 8.5 at Bet365 for those preferring over under betting.
Odds – Shark prediction models pick the Cardinals to win this game 4.3-4.2. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
St. Louis Cardinals vs Washington Nationals Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Washington Nationals bring a 3-3 record to the battle against the 2-4 Cardinals. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Washington vs St. Louis injuries news.
This game matches up the No. 21 (Washington Nationals) and the No. 11 (St. Louis Cardinals) teams, according to our current MLB Power Rankings.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- St. Louis is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of St. Louis’s last 8 games on the road
- St. Louis is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games when playing Washington
- St. Louis is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Washington
- Washington is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- Washington is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games at home
- Washington is 15-8 SU in its last 23 games at home
- Washington is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games when playing St. Louis
Next Betting Matchups
St. Louis at Washington, Tuesday, April 11th