The St. Louis Cardinals and Washington Nationals close out their three-game set in the nation’s capital Wednesday and fans should be expecting plenty of runs. The OVER has hit in the past five meetings between the Cards and Nats while the two teams are averaging a combined 15.5 rpg during their current series.
– Shark BITES
- Bryce Harper has gone 3-for-13 in his career against Mike Leake but two of those hits were home runs.
- The Cardinals are 2-8 SU in their last 10 games against the Nationals.
- The Cardinals are 11-4 SU in their last 15 games after consecutive losses.
Mike Leake, who gets the start for the Cardinals, looked absolutely stellar in his first outing of the season. Leake pitched 8.0 innings while allowing just one run and only needed 92 pitches to get that deep in his first start. However, Leake struggled against the Nationals last season by posting a 4.50 ERA in two trips to the mound.
A finger injury that caused issues all offseason didn’t seem to be an issue for Max Scherzer in his first start of the season. The Nats ace went 6.2 innings with two runs and seven strikeouts. Scherzer is also facing plenty of batters that he has had success in during his career Wednesday, as he has registered a combined 27-to-2 K/BB ratio against the batters in the Cardinals lineup.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The St. Louis Cardinals were listed as 186 underdogs on the MLB baseball moneyline at many online sportsbooks, including Bet365. The total was set at 7.5 before betting started earlier on Wednesday over at Bovada.
Odds – Shark prediction models pick the Nationals to win this game 6.9-3.2. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
St. Louis Cardinals vs Washington Nationals Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Washington Nationals sport a record of 5-3 heading into this matchup, while the St. Louis Cardinals sit at 2-6 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Washington vs St. Louis injuries news.
The Washington Nationals vs St. Louis Cardinals odds would favor the Cardinals if the betting lines were set according to our power ranks. Washington is rated No. 21 in the current Odds – Shark poll, while St. Louis is at No. 11.
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and Washington has baseball’s No. 1-rated offensive output, at 10.62 hits per game. The St. Louis Cardinals average 7.12 hits per game, good for No. 24 on the list.
Washington owns the No. 29 defense, allowing 6 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with St. Louis’s No. 30-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- St. Louis is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games
- St. Louis is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of St. Louis’s last 6 games
- St. Louis is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- Washington is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Washington’s last 5 games
- Washington is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- Washington is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
St. Louis at New York, Friday, April 14th
Washington home to Philadelphia, Friday, April 14th