The Cleveland Cavaliers and Boston Celtics have been locked in a dog fight for the top spot in the Eastern Conference and tonight’s contest will give the lead to the winner. The Cavs won 122-102 at home against Orlando to pull into a tie with the Celts with five games left to go for both teams.
– Shark Bites
- The Cavaliers are 8-2 SU in their last 10 games against the Celtics.
- The Celtics are 8-1 SU in their last nine games at home.
- The total has gone OVER in three of the Cavaliers’ last four games against the Celtics.
Winners of three in a row, Cleveland is starting to turn things around after dropping seven of its last 10 to let the Celtics back into the race. LeBron James has recorded two straight triple-doubles after collecting 18 points, 11 rebounds and 11 assists vs the Orlando Magic. The wine and gold have topped the 122-point mark in each of their past three wins.
The Celtics, who’ve won nine of their last 11, are 1-2 SU against Cleveland this year but don’t blame All-Star point guard Isaiah Thomas. Thomas has notched at least 30 points in all three games vs the Cavs, and he’s shot at least 50 percent in four of his last five games overall with at least 30 points in that span.
Sitting with 2,066 points, Thomas needs only 11 more to move into eighth place on the franchise list for scoring in a single season.
The Boston Celtics sit at No. 9 in the current NBA Power Rankings here at Odds – Shark, while the Cleveland Cavaliers are at No. 24 on that betting chart.
When it comes to rebounds, the visiting Cleveland Cavaliers rank No. 15 in the league with 43.65 per game. That compares with Boston’s No. 27 ranking in that category. The story is different when it comes to three-point shooting where Boston is the NBA’s No. 4-ranked team at 11.95 per game, while the Cleveland Cavaliers rate No. 2 with 13.04 per contest.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The battle between the Cavaliers and Magic didn’t turn out to be much of a battle at all as Orlando was handed a 122-102 defeat on Tuesday at Quicken Loans Arena.
Boston earned a 110-94 victory over New York on Sunday, getting 19 points from Isaiah Thomas at Madison Square Garden.
- Cleveland is 3-8 ATS in its last 11 games
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Cleveland’s last 9 games
- Cleveland is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- Cleveland is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games on the road
- Boston is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- Boston is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Boston’s last 6 games
- Boston is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Cleveland home to Atlanta, Friday, April 7th
Boston at Atlanta, Thursday, April 6th