After opening the season with a loss in Chicago last night, NBA schedule makers are keeping LeBron James and company busy as the Cavs visit the Grizzlies tonight at FedExForum. Last season the Cavs were 2-5 ATS in the second game of back-to-backs.
- LeBron James averaged 22.5 points per game vs Memphis last season.
- In 16 career games vs Memphis, Kevin Love is averaging 18.1 pts and 10.4 rebounds.
- Memphis was an impressive 31-10 at home last season.
The Grizzlies enter the season looking to build upon last season’s fifth place finish in the crowded Western Conference. The core of the Grizzlies is back from last season, with Marc Gasol and Mike Conley expected to lead the way. The team brought in rugged veteran Matt Barnes who will add toughness and a defensive presence.
Cleveland dropped a close one in Chicago last night, but had a balanced effort with four players scoring double digit points. LeBron James and Kevin Love didn’t seemed hobbled by injuries as they both played over 34 minutes.
The teams played twice last season with the Cavs winning both games by scores of 105-91 and 111-89.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The visiting Cleveland Cavaliers betting line opened this morning as 1.5-point underdogs in this one at most sportsbooks tracked at Odds – VSB
), while the total was hovering around 194.5 at BetOnline and other betting odds shops.
Odds – VSB
score prediction models pick a 99-97 result in favor of the Cavaliers today. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming NBA matchups here.
Cleveland Cavaliers vs Memphis Grizzlies Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Memphis Grizzlies bring a 0-0 record (0-0 ATS) to the battle against the 0-1 Cleveland Cavaliers, who are 1-0 ATS. Fans OVER/UNDER betting have seen Memphis Grizzlies go 38-52-3 so far and the Cleveland Cavaliers go 0-1. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Memphis vs Cleveland injuries news.
The Grizzlies – Cavaliers betting odds would favor the Cavaliers if the lines were set according to power rankings. Memphis is rated No. 18 in our latest Odds – VSB
poll, while the Cleveland Cavaliers sit at No. 3.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- Cleveland is 16-7 SU in its last 23 games
- Cleveland is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Cleveland’s last 6 games
- Cleveland is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
- Memphis is 2-5-1 ATS in its last 8 games
- Memphis is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Memphis’s last 6 games
- Memphis is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Cleveland home to Miami, Friday, October 30th
Memphis at Indiana, Thursday, October 29th