Two of the Eastern Conference’s best teams are set to do battle Saturday when the Atlanta Hawks travel to Ohio for a date with LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers. This marks the first time since last year’s playoffs that the teams have met, where the Cavs breezed through Atlanta in the form of a four-game sweep en route to reaching the NBA Finals.
- The OVER is 5-0 in the last 5 meetings in Cleveland.
- The underdog is 4-1 ATS in the last 5 meetings.
- The Hawks are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 vs. the Central.
The Cavs snapped an ugly eight-game ATS skid thanks to a 115-110 victory over the Milwaukee Bucks earlier this week, but the Hawks haven’t exactly been lighting the world on fire at the betting window either. Atlanta enters the game covering in just one of their last six matchups.
OVER bettors have been loving the wine and gold lately, and for good reason. The OVER has paid out in five out of Cleveland’s last six tilts.
Atlanta Hawks vs Cleveland Cavaliers Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Cleveland battles the Atlanta Hawks, currently with a 9-5 mark (6-7-1 ATS). The OVER/UNDER records, important for totals betting, are 7-5 for the Cleveland Cavaliers and 6-8 for the Atlanta Hawks. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Cleveland vs Atlanta injuries news.
The Cavaliers – Hawks betting odds would favor the Cavaliers if the lines were set according to power rankings. Cleveland is rated No. 6 in our latest Odds – VSB
poll, while the Atlanta Hawks sit at No. 12.
Offensively the game matches up Cleveland’s No. 7-ranked offense (103.5 PPG) against a Atlanta Hawks defense that ranks No. 11 at 99.36 PPG. The Cleveland Cavaliers have averaged 46.42% from the field per game, less than the Atlanta Hawks have managed so far this NBA season (46.55% on average).
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Cleveland got 22 points and 22 rebounds from Kevin Love en route to a 115-100 victory over Milwaukee on Thursday at Quicken Loans Arena.
- Atlanta is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games
- Atlanta is 9-4 SU in its last 13 games
- Atlanta is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Atlanta’s last 5 games
- Cleveland is 1-8 ATS in its last 9 games
- Cleveland is 9-2 SU in its last 11 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Cleveland’s last 7 games
- Cleveland is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Atlanta home to Boston, Tuesday, November 24th
Cleveland home to Orlando, Monday, November 23rd